Practice notes and observations - 9/13

• About midway through reporters’ viewing window, defensive tackle Isaiah Nichols was looked at by the training staff for what was possibly a shoulder injury. He was definitely in some pain, but he walked in the direction of the grass practice field several minutes later.

It is unclear whether or not he rejoined the defense for team periods. The injury took place after the Fastball Start.

• Did not see Myles Slusher or LaDarrius Bishop for the second straight day. I’m told Bishop is dealing with a knee injury.

• Malik Chavis, the Rison native, and Dwight McGlothern were the top corners in the Fastball Start period. Keuan Parker and Hudson Clark were with the second team.

• Another defensive line note: Landon Jackson was a first-team defensive end opposite Zach Williams. Jashaud Stewart and Jordan Domineck were the 2s at end.

• It again looked to me like Trey Knox was favoring his injured ankle today. Latavious Brini appears fine. He also injured his ankle in Week 2.

1 Like

we can’t have Nichols going down,I like the way Hampton is playing and Ball has potential,Gregory is doing pretty good but we will be hurting if something is wrong with Nichols and he has to be out for a while.

Nichols said tonight in player interviews that he is doing fine. He didn’t expand on what happened or anything, but he should be OK.

1 Like

I thought about that as I was typing,having seen him in the interview but hadn’t listened yet…good news,we have to have him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.