Practice notes and observations - 9/12

Just left the practice fields. Here are a few things I jotted down:

• Trey Knox and Latavious Brini, both dealing with ankle injuries, were present and going through drills. It looked like Knox was walking around gingerly. Sam Pittman said earlier Monday that Brini is the healthier of the two.

• I did not see Myles Slusher, and LaDarrius Bishop was not present, which is likely why Keuan Parker was running with some first-team guys at the front of the line in some drills. Pittman said he wants to see Parker play this week because he’s earned some snaps.

• Malik Chavis was running with corners in position group work. Khari Johnson was with the safeties.

• Running back Dominique Johnson again was going through drills with his group. Today he was not wearing a knee brace.

• Pittman watched linebacker drills for a bit to start practice. He ribbed Drew Sanders once mid-rep about winning national defensive player of the week.

• Barry Odom, who also coaches safeties, worked with that bunch on meeting, breaking down and wrapping up receivers on quick throws toward the sideline. I fully expect Missouri State to test Arkansas in that area. Odom threw the passes to receivers.

5 Likes

Petrino also will use a lot of crossing routes which gave us trouble against Cincinnati and to be honest are very hard to stop unless you get very quick pressure. I have no doubt they’re going to make plays the key will be just to bend and not break.

What’s going on with Ladarius?

Was he injured before the Cincy game or has Clark, McGlothern, Chavis, etc. just passed him?

undisclosed injury according to today’s Razorback report article by Bob Holt and Tom Murphy

Yeah, it’s undisclosed at the moment. I do think Clark and McGlothern have secured the top corner spots, but I vaguely remember seeing Bishop limping on the field Saturday. I’d have to re-watch to try to figure out the issue, but that’s assuming cameras picked it up.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.