Arkansas’ football team held practice No. 11 of the spring inside Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Saturday.
The Razorbacks worked out in full pads and under a clear sky. Here are some notes and observations from the viewing window:
• KJ Jefferson looked terrific in the team periods. He had a handful of big completions and looked completely in control and composed in the pocket. The best throws he made went to receivers Andrew Armstrong and Isaac TeSlaa, and tight end Luke Hasz.
Jefferson rolled to his left and hit Armstrong along the sideline for a roughly 20-yard gain. Armstrong was being defended by Dwight McGlothern on the play. Later, Jefferson stepped up in the pocket and put great touch on a pass around 15 yards downfield for TeSlaa, who picked up solid yardage after the catch. His other noteworthy completion went to Hasz on a deep ball down the right sideline.
• TeSlaa made the catch of the practice in a 2-on-2 slot coverage drill in the red zone, reeling in a pass with one hand. It appeared that he got one foot down on the play.
• The Razorbacks’ top linebackers each had impressive play or two in team work.
Chris “Pooh” Paul crashed the left edge of the offensive line and stood up a running back behind the line of scrimmage. Jordan Crook then made a stop in space after running back Rashod Dubinion caught a pass in the left flat. And transfer linebacker Antonio Grier was in on a pass breakup roughly 10 yards downfield.
I have been impressed with this group throughout the spring. It is a bunch that runs well and is forceful around the football. Freshmen Carson Dean and Brad Spence are physically impressive as well.
• Former Razorbacks linebacker Brooks Ellis was at practice.
• Here is the offensive and defensive alignment from an early team period:
QB: KJ Jefferson / Jacolby Criswell / Cade Fortin
RB: Rocket Sanders / Rashod Dubinion / AJ Green
TE: Nathan Bax / Luke Hasz / Ty Washington
WR: Andrew Armstrong / Landon Rogers / Marlon Crockett
WR: Isaiah Sategna / Bryce Stephens / Kamron Bibby
WR: Isaac TeSlaa / Sam Mbake / Kalil Girault
LT: Devon Manuel / Andrew Chamblee / Kai Hamilton
LG: Brady Latham / Cole Carson / Paris Patterson
C: Beaux Limmer / Josh Street / Eli Henderson
RG: Joshua Braun / E’Marion Harris / Joey Su’a
RT: Patrick Kutas / Ty’Kieast Crawford / Brooks Edmonson
DE: Landon Jackson / Trajan Jeffcoat / John Morgan
DT: Taurean Carter / Marcus Miller / JJ Hollingsworth
DT: Eric Gregory / Kyle Thompson / Jon Hill
DE: Jashaud Stewart / Zach Williams / Nico Davillier
LB: Chris Paul / Carson Dean / Kaden Henley
LB: Antonio Grier / Jordan Crook / Mani Powell
CB: Dwight McGlothern / LaDarrius Bishop / Aidan McCowan
CB: Lorando Johnson / Jaylon Braxton / Landon Phipps
S: Jayden Johnson / TJ Metcalf / Dallas Young
S: Hudson Clark / Braylon Watson / John Paul Pickens
Nickel: Jaylen Lewis / Courtney Snelling / Dylan Hasz