Posts require approval now?

Or just mine?

I think all the posts are parsed and certain key words are flagged and that can cause the post to require approval. What those words are, I have no idea. I’d assume foul words are a given but I’m betting those that border on politics are also there and who knows what else. I’ve had a couple flagged and went back and looked and for the life of me can’t figure what was wrong, they were generally approved though.

It was automatic (on the Austin Reaves thread) and it wasn’t political or vulgar or combative. Not sure what caused it.

Happened to me once couple of months ago for 1 day. Shut everything cleared caches. Nothing worked. Next day everything back to normal.

Your post had the word “bitch” in it. It looks to me like it might have been a typo, so I approved it, but you might want to take a look. That’s what our filter caught.

Thanks. Definitely a typo. Mercy.

It’s happened to me a couple of times on this basketball board. I was trying to type the word “shot” in a sentence, and of course the letter i is right next to the letter o, on the keyboard, so I’m sure you know how that came out. My mistake, unintentional, but as soon as I hit reply, my post instantly went to board approval status. I was puzzled and thought to myself, what the heck did I do? I had never had that happen before. I read my post and saw the problem.
I edited the post and the world was right again. You know, sometimes “shot” happens!

1 Like

I reckon George Carlin can’t post here.

Or Eddie Murphy

Or John Pelphrey…reading his lips would make my grandma blush…

I will never forget Pelphrey telling a Tennessee player, who was taunting our bench after making a 3 in an SEC tourney game, to “Shut the front door.” BTW, we won that game …

1 Like

That was one incident I was remembering. He was squatting down in front of the bench and the camera caught it plainly.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.