Portsmouth Invitational stream/game replays

http://netcastsports.com/Home/

If you’re in a position to watch this afternoon/evening, that is the link to the streaming of the games. You can also click on the game replays tab and watch Jaylen and Daryl’s games from last night. Barford went for 20 points in just 15 minutes last night and Daryl had 10 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds to go with 4 turnovers.

Macon’s team is about to tip off, by the way. He’s in the starting lineup and wearing No. 10 for Portsmouth Partnership.

Macon finished with 16 points (4/9 3FG), 9 assists and 5 boards today, and his team won 107-103.

Those are good stats for them both.

I would think that Macon’s assists would catch some eyes.

One thing that stings in those boxscores is Kelan Martin going 3 of 13 (2 of 7) when Barford went 7 of 15 (4 of 9). I doubt the PI is defense heavy. Oh, to have gotten that performance out of Martin in March.

I watched a bit of the first game he played at the PIT the other night and he looked a bit off to me. Missed several really good looks from close in. From what I’ve seen of these games, there’s not a lot of defensive effort and quick shots are the norm. Teams are playing with a 24-second shot clock, too. Daryl’s team REALLY lets it fly from 3 – 6/28 in game 1, 16/36 in game 2. Jaylen’s squad took 42 threes in the first game.

That makes Daryl’s assists stat even more impressive.

After another scorching performance yesterday Jaylen (23 points, 10 -18 (3-7), 5 rebs, 3 assists, 1 steal, 0 TOs) is leading the PI in scoring and trey rate. He’s holding his own on the boards as well. BTW Jacorey Williams led the PI in scoring last season. Daryl is second in assist rate.

It would be great if both worked their way into the draft. I’d be stoked to see either in an Atlanta uniform next season. Tyler Cavanaugh was second in scoring last year and got an invite to Atlanta’s G-league team after going undrafted. He had a roster position on the NBA squad by midseason.