Poor DMac has had a tough year . . .

First those Cowboys string him along, and then waive him . . . and now this (was first reported last year, but not the bitcoin part of it).

http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/12/d … investment

Where did D-Mac find this guy? The name alone would have set off red flags with me. With all the wealth management talent in this state, he somehow managed to hook up with a shyster. Feel horrible for the guy. I hope he winds up with a decent nest egg. He should be set for life, but I fear that is not the case.

[quote=“eaglehog5”]

Where did D-Mac find this guy? The name alone would have set off red flags with me. With all the wealth management talent in this state, he somehow managed to hook up with a shyster. Feel horrible for the guy. I hope he winds up with a decent nest egg. He should be set for life, but I fear that is not the case.

[/quote]Apparently, he was a “family friend” and somehow had a good rep in the neighborhood. Just an unfortunate choice.

It’s one thing to go to a respected teacher or pastor from your neighborhood for some advice. But when it comes to managing your assets - especially if you’re a professional athlete, with the millions those guys make - you’ve got to look elsewhere in most cases. Get some advice from NFL resources.

Unfortunately, the landscape of pro sports is littered with these kinds of deals and situations. It’s so sad.