Please remember me in your prayers

I am having rotator cuff surgery Thursday morning, going to be a long grind to get back healthy. Doctor says I will be out of work 3 months .I have heard it’s usually 4-6 months before you really back towards what you think is normal.

This is going to put a big kink in my rope because I have always been extremely healthy,last surgery I had was 25 years ago when I had neck surgery. and I have heard that is nothing compared to this. I would appreciate your prayers thank you so much.

7 Likes

Prayers up

1 Like

Praying for you, pray for me this ACL recovery is a beast.

2 Likes

Prayers, to you sir

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers, Youda…

1 Like

You, I have had a double rotator cuff repair and neck surgery with 5 discs being cleaned out for stenosis. The neck surgery was much tougher than the shoulder surgery. The doctor told me I would not like him very much after the surgery, and he was right.

The two torn rotator cuffs were pretty severe. He didn’t know if he could repair one, but he did get it done. My repaired shoulder is good, perhaps 80% of normal. I am a golfer and like to work out, so I rehabbed it 2 times/day for 30 minutes or 1 hour per day. Plus, I went to physical therapy in addition to this 3-4 days per week. Please give your rehab and therapy your utmost attention. It will pay off in getting you back to as close to normal as your shoulder will ever be. I played golf about 5 months after surgery. 5-6 months is about all the rehab I did.

You are going to feel like a bird with a broken wing…at least that is how I felt. Helpless. But each day you will get a little better and lo and behold in a few months you will look back and be amazed at your progress. Just forge ahead, be diligent with your rehab every day and you should be great.

My shoulder surgery was about 5 years ago and my neck surgery 3 years ago. Thanks for your prayers. I didn’t mean to imply this had just happened.

2 Likes

Prayers for Youdaman. Always enjoy your input. Get well soon. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Prayers for both you guys… just spent the last three months rehabbing a detached retina and the faster the operation occurs, the faster to regaining your health. Keep posting.

1 Like

Prayers for you Youdaman! Please keep us posted on your status!

1 Like

Youdaman is a former coach and will do the rehab. He’s a warrior. And, he is a prayer warrior, too. I can reciprocate in that way because he has prayed for me when I’ve given him my requests. I’m there for you.

2 Likes

Prayers youdaman for a great surgery and recovery. You’ll knock this out and be back to normal soon.

1 Like

God bless you youdaman!
Praying for successful surgery and a full and speedy recovery!

1 Like

Thank u…I will Gas

My thoughts are with you and will be with you Thursday morn.

1 Like

Prayers youda. You can type with one hand, so hope to see you back soon.

1 Like

Prayers up for you Youdaman!

1 Like

We only have one Youdaman and he is good one. I will pray for you! Keep us posted when you can! God bless you!

1 Like

Prayers and best wishes being sent your way.

1 Like

I have had two rotator cuff surgeries…one at 28 and one at 65…same shoulder ( right one, and I a right handed). Vastly better results the second time. Ortho surgery technique has improved a lot since the late seventies. But, I also hurt my recovery the first time by doing too much too soon. I know I was a far compliment patient during the recovery, physical therapy, and gradual return to full use than I was the first time. So trust your surgeon AND your physical therapist. Force yourself to be patient and completely comply with the rehab instructions, even if you think you are fully capable of doing more than your health care team is letting you do. The last thing you want to do is do too much too soon, tear something, and have to go back in the OR for a re-do. Good luck, and wish you a complete recovery.

Praying.

1 Like