Play the game

Continuing the discussion from

Yurachek’s “brave step”:

MOST OF THE HOG FANS POST I READ SEEM TO INDICATE NOTHING BUT FEAR. SCARED TO COMPETE AGAINST THE REDWOLVES IN FOOTBALL. ASU HAS IMPROVED GREATLY OVER THE PAST TEN YEARS. 9 BOWL GAMES. WHAT’S THE RAZORBACK BOWL GAME COUNT IN THE LAST 10 YEARS? SURE THE REDWOLVES ARE IN THE SUNBELT. SO WHAT. THE HOGS HAVEN’T EXACTLY BEEN PLAYING AT SEC LEVEL SINCE PETRINO ERA. LOT OF PEOPLE SAY HOGS HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN…HOW ABOUT RESPECT. TALK IS CHEAP. IF YOU WANT TO SAY THE HOGS COULD BEAT ASU EVERY TIME THEY WOULD PLAY…THEN PROVE IT. PLAY THE GAME! PLAYING UAPB IS A COP OUT! THE WHOLE STATE KNOWS THAT. PART OF BEING A FAN COMES WITH BRAGGING RIGHTS. IT ADDS A LITTLE FUN TO THE GAME. HOGS CANT SAY THEY ARE THE BEST PROGRAM IN THE STATE IF THEY DON’T PLAY THE GAME ON A REGULAR BASIS. ALL THE PAST REASONS FOR NOT PLAYING THE REDWOLVES ARE JUST LAME EXCUSES. BUT HOG FANS KEEP TELLING THEMSELVES THE SAME THING AND FINDING WAYS TO JUSTIFY IN BELIEVING THOSE EXCUSES BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED.

First post, huh? I suggest using paragraphs and refrain from using all caps.

There is no way I can make it through the entire post.

4 Likes

Whew we got ourselves a dandy here.

2 Likes

Go back to the red wolves board and take you’re buddies with you!

4 Likes

Goodness, what was that? It hurt my eyes to try to read it.

2 Likes

Arkansas State fans have invaded our board…

My eyes hurt from the all caps.

2 Likes

Yeah, Phillip Ross’s first post was obnoxious on several levels. I couldn’t read it all. Hurt my eyes.

1 Like

When the Hogs get good in football again, if we do play a-state we will win decisively, they won’t want to play us anymore. It’s funny, the years Nutt , Petrino were here we never heard anything at all about playing them.

IF they play…the razorbacks record is not that great against Sunbelt teams lately. Warhawks shock in the rock comes to mind. And then the RedWolves went on to roll over the warhawks few weeks later, then just not to long ago coastal Carolina had the Razorbacks beat and the hogs somehow came back to barely win that game…and then the RedWolves went on to school coastal Carolina too. Normally a Sunbelt team will have it’s hands full against a good sec team, but the hogs haven’t even been average the last 7 years or so. I hope Coach P turns out to be the coach y’all need. I like him, he seems to really love being there. And yes the issue of playing the hogs for instate games is always on a ASU fans mind. Sometimes on the back burner but most of the time it’s always there when it comes to In State games. Playing each other isn’t going to hurt recruiting for the hogs. You guys played ualr in baseball and lost to them and everything turned out fine. I mean the u of a has one of the best baseball programs in the nation and you guys went on to the world series for Pete’s sake! The hogs and RedWolves could play every year or two in little rock . It
would be great for the state.

Phillip, no offense but I really don’t care what you think. I’m a 68 year old hog fan and I liked the way Broyles ran the program just fine.

1 Like

Phillp_Ross…just curious why an Arkansas State fan joined a Razorback board unless it’s to stir things up. You can bet I won’t be on a RedWovles board.

1 Like

Phillip Roth, your program sucks. It just hasn’t bee as bad as ours the past two years. At least not relative to the competition we’ve played. You act like you’ve been beating good teams. You haven’t. As bad as we were even last year & the year before, there’s no reason to think ASU was any better. It’s just for the first time in history it’s also impossible to say the Hogs were better.

But none of that is the point. It’s in our best interest to ignore ASU. If you really want to prove yourselves on the hogs’ level, it’s not that hard. Start beating a few P5 teams. Beat an SEC team. You can’t use the worst 2 years in Razorback history to judge the program. If we have 3 more years like the last two and you actually beat a P5 team or two & go 11-1, you won’t even need us. That won’t happen, but do it on you own. Don’t get us to bail you out.

1 Like

Wrong on so many many levels.

ROFL wrong.

ASWho?

1 Like

Notice Phillip is already wanting to play the game in Little Rock. He doesn’t want to be treated like a rent-a-win coming to RRS where if all these extra tickets are to be sold, they’ll be in a 76k stadium with several thousand premium seats. He wants it in 55k WMS with a few hundred premium seats in the press box. He wants to be treated like a peer. That’s where this leads. (And comparing a mid-week baseball game to a football game is apples & oranges.)

UA will never play ASU in football anywhere but Fayetteville!

1 Like

Why do you say this? You may be right, but wondering your reasoning why they will “never” play ASU anywhere but Fayetteville? It wasn’t too long ago that people said Arkansas would never play ASU in football, period. It seems that the winds are changing on that.

You just weren’t listening. The ASU fans never stop the drum beat/wolf howl to play the Hogs.

I used to work with a guy back in the mid-80s who tried on a regular basis to convince me the Hogs had a moral obligation to play ASU to help them to their rightful place in the football world, and that it was simply unfair for the Hogs to refuse to play. He also tried the “your scared” and “it would be good for the state” stuff too. It wasn’t any more convincing then than now.

ASU has tried everything from bumper stickers to the state legislature in the last forty or fifty years, ever since they moved up to D-I. It really hasn’t made any difference to them how good or bad the Hogs were at the time. They have never quit trying, and most have never quit hating the Hogs for not acknowledging what they feel is their place in the sun.

1 Like

Absolutely right. I first started hearing it in about 1968 or 1969. I understand it predated that. I attended a couple of games at old Kays Field and there was more talk about hating the hogs & how we were afraid to play them than there was about ASU, who had a couple of pretty decent “small college” teams at the time. They were screaming about it when the Razorbacks were consensus to 5 or better in the country.

I have personal knowledge of it going back more than 50 years.

1 Like

I’m afraid you’re right about that. They’d be happy to play in RRS the first or maybe even the 2nd or 3rd time, but you can bet your last dime they will want either home/home or 2/1 away/home or better yet, a game at WMS very quickly. And they will want it to be an annual game, not an occasional one where UCA & UAPB get a piece of the action.

1 Like

A couple more posts like that and I may change my mind on kicking their Sunbutts…