Pittman? Seriously?!?!

Has there ever been a head coach hired in the Power 5 that wasn’t first a coordinator? Ever?

Ed Orgeron is one who did.

1 Like

Change that to, that wasn’t a promotion from within, and I bet the answer is no.

Yes Dabo Swinney

1 Like

Not sure… but if so count me as thrilled. One of the best recruiters we have ever had hands down. Players love him everywhere he has been. Give him plenty of money to hire a good OC and DC and I think we are in good hands. Everyone that is going to hate this hire (if it happens) will be the same people in a year or two talking about how great of a hire it was.

4 Likes

He’s associate head coach for Georgia! Extremely well respected in football circles. We’ll be lucky to get him in my opinion after the last hire.

2 Likes

Jr… We could hire Saban and you wouldn’t be happy

4 Likes

A lot of money for his BFFL Jim Chaney

1 Like

I’m not even going to bother with such a stupid statement

Guy recruited 2 draft pick to Arkansas and he was the best recruiter we’ve had in a long time ?

He sure left us riches of OL talent.

1 Like

You just did

1 Like

Anyone know if Sexton is Pittman’s agent?

1 Like

Just tired of hearing you complain 24/7. Loosen up dude. Last I checked the sky isn’t falling

Then don’t follow my posts. Hiring Pittman is as close to sky falling as you can get.

Got beat out by Mizzou for Drink.

1 Like

I will take him at this point, it’s a gamble no matter who it is, we just need a lot of luck to go with him and help.

1 Like

Hard not to when you literally complain on every post on here

1 Like

We really won’t know one way or another until we see how the team finishes in 2020, and probably won’t have a real good idea until halfway through 2021. I worry about the lack of HC experience, but I am willing to see actual results before trying to gauge the quality of the hire.

I’m most worried that he will try to go back to pro style. I think it’s more than likely. We won’t win at all running pro style.

We not going to win with Pittman regardless of style of offense, get use to 2-5 wins for the next three or more years.

We could, if he hired a great staff and doesn’t run pro style. Just highly doubt thatZ

I think he locked up a Cush retirement plan