Pittman in Little Rock

Sam Pittman said 91% of the Razorbacks’ football players and 100% of staff have been vaccinated. He expects the player numbers to increase after yesterday’s FDA approval of the Pfizer vaccine.

“Our kids want to play and they want to represent the state of Arkansas.”

1 Like

Pittman was asked about the difference entering Year 2. He said the players trust the coaches more than they did a year ago because they know them better.

1 Like

He drew some laughs when he said he is looking forward to renewing the Southwest Conference rivalry this year, then said “Rice” four times.

“Rice, then Texas.”

2 Likes

There was a promise that this team would be “liked” by fans and that they would “play hard.” That’s about as far as he will come to any predictions. I have come to expect that of Pittman’s team and that’s a good thing.

1 Like

Pittman drew a big laugh when he called on some guy in the audience to tell his name. Pittman explained he felt badly for him because he was the only guy in the room Bazz hadn’t acknowledged. (For those who don’t know, Bazz spends about 10 minutes in each meeting mentioning sponsors & their reps by name. He also mentions the volunteers, technicians & everyone else it seems)

4 Likes

You can see why coaches and players like Pittman with that remark.

2 Likes

What David does is important. It’s why that group has done well.

1 Like

You’ll get no argument from me on that. But the remark drew a laugh for a reason.

He should continue to thank those who pay the bills to secure top speakers.

1 Like

I understand why he does it. It was still a funny remark from Pittman. (I’ve been a member of the LRTDC for many years. If the way he ran it bothered me, I wouldn’t still be a member. Doesn’t mean I can’t poke fun at the weekly ritual.)

Clay, Pittman wasn’t being critical. He was just making a joke.

I’m certain, David B wasn’t offended.

1 Like

I laughed, too!

Get off his lawn!

2 Likes

Bazz has had a hand in so many great Razorback projects: LRTDC, Broyles Award, Burlsworth Award, the Boot trophy, etc. Seems like a great guy and great Razorback ambassador

1 Like

More than anything, David is a good person.

2 Likes

I’ve known Bazz since he was a Hog player. Also knew him when he was sleeping in the basement of a Little Rock doctor’s office in exchange for doing promotional work. Great guy. Definitely looks out for #1.

This makes me very happy

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.