Pitcher de-commits from Arkansas

Tanner Kohlhepp, a right-hander from Wisconsin, de-committed last night. I would not be surprised to see Arkansas target Bentonville’s Kam’Ron Mays-Hunt in that class. Mays-Hunt, who is a standout wide receiver for the football team, has really blossomed as a baseball player this year.

Is Kohlhepp (a) switching to another school that’s been recruiting him; or (b) following Vitello to Tennessee?

He is re-opening his recruitment; hasn’t committed to anyone new. Vitello had some good recruiting connections in Wisconsin, so it’s not a surprise to see one of the commits from there second-guess coming to Arkansas now that he’s gone. There is always recruiting turnover when there is coaching turnover.

I remember the flurry of pitching commitments following the hiring of Wes Johnson. It will be interesting to see if there is a comparable group of new commitments this year.

Arkansas has offered Kam’ron Mays-Hunt as a pitcher. I think he probably will commit soon.

https://twitter.com/HuntKamron/status/878023807298129920

Kam’Ron’s recruiting has blown up early this summer. Several SEC schools on him. Premium athlete with a premium arm. He has hit 93 and is raw. He throws that hard with natural ability. He has very little mileage on his arm. A good pitching coach will do wonders for this kid.