Personal

My 31 year old daughter is running in the Boston Marathon next April.

You don’t just enter. She had to qualify. Quite an accomplishment. Congrats!

Generally that’s true, but about 20% of the field gets in by raising money for a charity or some other means other than qualifying. However if Army’s daughter found out she was running this week, then she likely qualified since qualifiers are currently registering for next April. I did Boston both ways, as a qualifier and as a fundraiser (I had to raise $5,000). Both are difficult and I don’t look down on anyone who does it either way. Regardless, congrats to your daughter!

Congrats to her, I did Boston when I was 31. Are you going to get a chance to watch in person, it’s quite a time to be in Boston?

That is great!! I did NY one year and had a great time, and I am certain Boston would be much better.

Congratulations, to you both. WPS

That is quite an accomplishment, congratulations to your daughter.

That is awesome! Very impressive and I know you are proud.

She qualified on time! She has been running marathons for several years.

Very impressive. No small feat.

Very impressive congrats

If the good Lord allows me to still be here I will be there to watch.
She has been a blessing to me. She graduated from college, works and has given me one grandson. She runs and my son in law plays golf as hobbies. My grandson is only 4 so it won’t be long until they are spending a lot of time with him playing ball. I’m proud they also attend church. I’d say I’ve been blessed!
I also have a 26 year old son and a 10 year old daughter, a 9 years old daughter and a 6 year old son. And a 5 year old grand daughter and a 7 year old grandson.

If the good Lord allows me to still be here I will be there to watch.
She has been a blessing to me. She graduated from college, works and has given me one grandson. She runs and my son in law plays golf as hobbies. My grandson is only 4 so it won’t be long until they are spending a lot of time with him playing ball. I’m proud they also attend church. I’d say I’ve been blessed!
I also have a 26 year old son and a 10 year old daughter, a 9 years old daughter and a 6 year old son. And a 5 year old grand daughter and a 7 year old grandson.

A lot of blessings you have there, Army.