Perhaps, hear me out, our RPI

is an actual correct representation where we should be ranked?

Sorry, but an 18-win SEC team is a top 15-20 team, no matter how bad this weekend is going.

Arkansas has pretty much held its own with the best teams it has played this year. If RPI is the metric of choice, Arkansas beat the fifth-best team twice on its home field two weeks ago. You’ll have a hard time convincing me Auburn is the fifth-best team.

RPI is a flawed metric.

3 Likes

Prevailing wisdom is that the SEC is down. We also managed to miss out on Tennessee

I think we are a good team. I also wonder if getting away from BWS might also help this team which appears to me to be uptight.

I think you’re on to something about getting away from BWS. I’ve not worried about not getting a Super Regional for that reason. At this point we’ll most likely find the answer out to your question.

I think the SEC is definitely down. Arkansas is ranked to high now, but I would still call them a top 15 team

It doesn’t matter where our hogs play! They can look good for 5 innings and then the switch flips and they don’t look like the same team.
To help RPI stop playing the in state schools!
If the hogs get a regional fine but I doubly they get a super!

1 Like

Heck I’m not sure this team wins a regional, let alone hosting a Super.

2 Likes

At least play no more than two of them.

Feeling remains. This isn’t a top 15-20 team despite winning 18 SEC games. At least it isn’t right now

1 Like

Agreed. First half of the season, we were. Not now though

2 Likes

gotta follow the legHumpers pathway to winning in Omaha, get swept in SEC tourney and win out as was done last year. This team does not have confidence or swagger or enthusiasm matching those guys but it is possible (not likely).

3 Likes

But State was still able to play at home

Their swoon only covered two weeks

Ours has been a steady spiral for the second half of season

2 Likes

It’s highly unlikely we will get to Omaha this year. Not too likely we’ll get out of the regional, but since there is precedent for such a thing and because baseball can turn on a dime, I’m gonna hold out hope. I’m just tempering the hopes so they don’t get too high. Last year I just knew we were going to Omaha and were likely going to win it all. This year has been a big come down

3 Likes

Hope springs eternal……

3 Likes

At this point I’m not sure RPI doesn’t have us overrated. But then I recall 2009 when we limped into the Norman Regional and got hot at the right time.

1 Like

There’s always hope. I can’t help but think this team is due to go in a run.

1 Like

Hear me out? It took one sentence? Mostly, when someone says hear me out, I wait for them to write (or talk) a little. And, you end it with a question mark. So you are not sure?

1 Like

I rarely presume certainty

1 Like

If the RPI held us back from hosting, then playing the 4 in state schools in 8 games needs to change. It maybe good for the state, but not good for the U of A. Maybe play 2 schools each year?

1 Like

I think Arkansas will still probably play all of the other four in-state schools moving forward, just not as many times. Playing all four teams didn’t hurt the RPI in 2021. The schedule will almost certainly be considered stronger next year because it will include games against Oklahoma State, Texas and TCU in Arlington. In addition to winning a lot, Arkansas’ RPI feasted last year on the games against the Big 12 teams at the start of the year, plus Louisiana Tech. I think Arkansas and Louisiana Tech have had talks about the Bulldogs coming to Fayetteville next year, but I don’t know if that materialized.

1 Like