People complain about recruiting

…maybe we should quit booing our own team then. I was astounded how loud the boo’s were in the second quarter. I get we all may be upset with the game, but, as a fan, that seems a bit ridiculous to me. This game was on CBS! If you want big recruits, show them a good time. Stuff like this definitely doesn’t help.

I agree with your points.

But there is two sides to it. I also can understand the frustration, especially how our season ended. I think fans are growing very, very impatient with CBB and staff, thus the short fuses lead to boo’s when a performance like that shows up. I hate to see it, for the tv and for recruits, but I also see the frustration side.

Frustrated or not, booing the home team is never a good look. That said, if I were a recruit, I’d be concerned about the longevity of this coaching staff. And that issue will hurt recruiting more than anything.

Most of the boo’s I heard were when BB sent out Hedlund to try a FG with the ball on the two yard line, they were directed at BB and he deserved everyone of them.

I do not boo because I’m always concerned displeasure expressed towards a coach can be misinterpreted by players as being directed at them. It’s one thing to boo a professional player, but an amateur athlete should NEVER be booed.

Bottom line though is when you get embarrassed at Mizzou and Va Tech and then get physically pushed around in your first home game (don’t count the glorified scrimmage in LR) these coaches should expect intense criticism and they have earned it. The product they are putting on the field is listless and subpar.

The negative, “hot seat bowl” talk in advance of the A&M game that I predicted last week if we lost to TCU has already started and Finebaum and others in the national media will take it to a new level next week. THAT is much more damaging to recruiting than the boos last Saturday. Lose to the Aggies and we can talk about why Fayetteville crowds are as bad as WMS crowds and that won’t help recruiting either.

100%

I do not personally boo, although I do express my displeasure. Those around me can usually tell if I am happy or mad.
Luckily I was not there this weekend.

I do not like the Boos if they are directed at players, you hit the nail on the head as far as it can misinterpreted.

The boos were very loud. Everyone (including me) was frustrated. But boos don’t help anyone.

The coach deserves all he gets but the players should not have to hear boos. And recruits cant feel good hearing the boos.

It’s tough being a Hog fan this week.

Nevertheless…WooPigSooie…

agree
i have never
would never boo at our team
its a big deal to me

i think it clear that others do not feel as strongly about the NO BOO thing.

relative to recruits… whatever
we boo less than most places
put a good team on the field and we dont boo
our fans dont boo at every bad play
it takes a lot
we have a very tolerant fanbase

many are fully accepting of having a mediocre football team

i hate it
im sure doesnt look good
but
id blame the product on the field
ie the cause not the effect

agree
i have never
would never boo at our team
its a big deal to me

i think it clear that others do not feel as strongly about the NO BOO thing.

relative to recruits… whatever
we boo less than most places
put a good team on the field and we dont boo
our fans dont boo at every bad play
it takes a lot
we have a very tolerant fanbase

many are fully accepting of having a mediocre football team

i hate it
im sure doesnt look good
but
id blame the product on the field
ie the cause not the effect

Since so much stock is put into recruiting rankings, take a look at tcu’s rankings the last 5 yrs compared to ours. I bet they average in the 50s or 60s compared to our 20s or 30s , so we can say recruiting is the problem in this case