Penny to Ole Miss?

Wow - would be a recruiting machine

Also middle tenn state coach

Can we hire Penny to recruit?

I think Memphis will offer him and he takes that job over any other offer. Just my opinion. I think Middle Tennessee will be looking for a coach when their head coach takes the Ole Miss job.

Who is middle tenner coach?

MTSU Coach Kermit Davis, Jr. would be an interesting hire for Ole Miss. His dad was Miss State coach for 7 years and Junior played there 2 years after Jr. College. He’s a grad of MSU and has a masters deg. from there. He really wanted to coach at MSU before Ben Howland got the job. He would be a good one for OM.

Yes he would. He doesn’t have any baggage like Ben Holland. Moo I made a mistake hiring Holland! Ole Miss would have a leg up on Moo U with this hire if they pulled it off. Ben Holland will have Moo U in the crosshairs of the NCAA before long.

Is it the same Kermit Davis that was at Texas A&M in the early 90’s or was that Kermit SR?

Same.

I just watched and old game we had with a&m at the 1991 SWC Tourney in Dallas we beat them that day something like 109-61. Hawgball was Rolling that Day :smiley:

For some reason I can’t see Penny being successful as a HC.

Seems to me you need to pay your dues (aka learn the ropes).

But I’m no expert. Thoughts for you basketball guru”s?

A very young Kermit Davis took a bullet for Jackie Sherrell at A$M , He was there for one yea,r the stuff hit the fan and he was thrown under the bus. Had to start all over in JUCO, then had his second stint at Idaho before joining John Brady at LSU. Been at Murfreesboro Middle for quite some time now. Good coach. Good guy. Former Phillips County Community College Ridgerunner who married a Helena girl.

[quote=“LDHog”]

For some reason I can’t see Penny being successful as a HC.

Seems to me you need to pay your dues (aka learn the ropes).

But I’m no expert. Thoughts for you basketball guru”s?

[/quote] I have my doubts as well & I know Penny. He’s a great guy & could recruit with the best but coaching high school kids out of the spotlight is way different than coaching at Memphis or OM.