Pebble Beach Today

Didn’t play, but I saw what all the fuss is about with the 17 mile drive & eating supper tonight at The Bench around a fire pit. What a grand beautiful place to sit & look at.

If I’m still alive in 2 years, I plan to celebrate my oldest sons graduation from dental school by coming back & playing PB with his brothers. Monterey & Carmel are cool places. All those golf courses down there looked awesome & I want to play them.

You can keep San Francisco…give me a week on that peninsula & I’m good! Bet my blood pressure today was the best it’s been in 2 years.

5 Likes

Aloha,
Most strongly concur. Enjoyed 18 months of bless living at Pacific Grove a couple of blocks from the ocean while attending Naval Postgraduate School. Great views, incredible golf and outstanding food.
UA…Campus of Champions

It is truly a beautiful place to see and spend time. Some absolutely gorgeous properties along that drive. Eastwood was mayor of Carmel during one of the times I was in that area.

My favorite place in California too. Love to ride my bike along the ocean and also along 17 mile drive (tough hills). I love the perpetual fall weather.

1 Like

Hard to believe there are places like Pebble - and by contrast Mississippi!

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

I did the 17 mile on a bike… hills are brutal and the wind… but I’m glad I did it…

Hey bite your tongue!! There are a few good things in Mississippi :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Catfish is good in Mississippi. And the sign saying you just left Mississippi. And our buddy Billy. He’s a good one… :joy:

4 Likes

@HogDoctor I spent a lot of time in San Fransisco in my professional career. It was a tough market for us. But I’ve had more than enough of it now. Some good memories and some not so good memories. I certainly did not leave my heart in San Fransisco.

Not a bucket guy but PB would be on it.

2 Likes

A few.

3 Likes

My brother got to go out there, it would definitely be on my list for sure.

1 Like

I have a cousin who is a member at Cypress Point, I was fortunate enough to play it back in the early 2000’s. It is actually more beautiful than PB, IMO. I’m not sure if my cousin doesn’t like me anymore, or they squeezed down their policy on letting non-members play, he hasn’t returned any texts asking about playing, lol.

I must admit, the lack of catfish and decent BBQ has sometimes made me consider leaving California.

I found some catfish in Compton once. But I don’t recommend going to that area. I can’t remember if it was good or bad. Just a rough area. As you know.

Culturally, San Fransisco is closer to Saint Petersburg than Kansas City. Both SF and SP are very beautiful from a physical standpoint. I am happier with the St. Pete to Fort Myers area of Florida.

San Francisco is a strange place climate wise. There are micro climates that differ by neighborhood. It can be chilly and foggy in one neighborhood or area, and sunny and warm nearby. I was stunned by that fact. Lots of interesting areas. Only spent 3 days there but they were wonderful.

Fantastic food city.

Not gonna get to Pebble Beach any time soon, but I did catch myself looking at the Pinehurst website this afternoon. #2 course looking pretty good, but probably too tough for me at this point. Like Pebble, you basically can’t play #2 unless you’re a guest at the resort ($329 or more in the winter, a lot more the rest of the year – plus caddy).