Pathetic.

It’s pathetic that the FBI and DOJ has to be the organizations breaking these cases against corrupt coaches, shoe companies, AAU officials and Universities. While this is going on, does the NCAA even pretends to care? Hell no. They just look the other way, protect the Blue Bloods, and watch the money roll on in. Perhaps the FBI and DOJ , as well as the IRS needs to start asking questions around the NCAA’s Home Office. Maybe the IRS could ask to see the NCAA’s financial books. Not the books they show the public. But the Real Books on how much money they bring in. It would also be interesting if any officials at the NCAA has been bribed by the four mentioned organizations. I know that most people at the NCAA are incompetent. But with the four mentioned groups all but bragging about thier cheating, not even the NCAA can honestly claim ignorance.

todays college basketball is a cesspool. i will give anderson credit for running an honest program.

It didn’t just get this way.

Has been this way for about 30 years.

If you want to go back to the UCLA dynasty, it’s been going on since the 1960’s. Sam Gilbert. Point shaving scandals go back to the 1940’s and 50’s. Kentucky was shut down for a year in the 1950’s, they haven’t let up much since.

I may have told this before but it’s worth repeating. I was with Brad Nunn (Sp?) at a JC game and I asked him about a certain player we were linked to in recruiting. He told me we wouldn’t be getting him because he had a girlfriend who would have to have a job and place to live, baby to be cared for and mom that needed “help”. Told me Nolan wouldn’t play that game in recruiting. 3 days later he signed at OU.

Dudley?

Didn’t Nolan call this out years ago? I remember him saying he wasn’t gonna get into all the AAU stuff(meaning handlers) somewhere near the end of his time coaching?

Best man in my wedding was a runner up Mister Basketball in Indiana. We talked about his college days and recruiting. He was offered 50k by KY, 35K by Indiana. He took less to go to a Christian School because his Mom wanted him there. This was the early 70’s.