Out of the Blue.....

comes a very impressive performance by the Razorbacks. I will give Coach Anderson credit. He had this team ready to play, and we did play one of our best games of the year. The guys played hard and pretty danged well, I thought. I was not real impressed with Kentucky. If they are the best team in the country…college basketball has sunk to a new low.

I liked how we ran our offense…spread the floor and let the guys work. Why have we not used that much before? It suits us well.

Did anyone in the SEC think the refs were going to give us the ball on that out of bounds play? You know the Kentucky fans never ever broke a sweat on that.

[quote=“Jhawg”]

comes a very impressive performance by the Razorbacks. I will give Coach Anderson credit. He had this team ready to play, and we did play one of our best games of the year. The guys played hard and pretty danged well, I thought. I was not real impressed with Kentucky. If they are the best team in the country…college basketball has sunk to a new low.

I liked how we ran our offense…spread the floor and let the guys work. Why have we not used that much before? It suits us well.

Did anyone in the SEC think the refs were going to give us the ball on that out of bounds play? You know the Kentucky fans never ever broke a sweat on that.

[/quote]Yes other than getting a free time-out, if I were Anderson, I would just tell the officials when a review situation arises for Arkansas just give the decision to the other team and lets move on. I do not seem to remember many, if any, reviews going our way and everybody knew the outcome before the review when Kentucky is involved.

Auburn just blew out the hogs, then Kentucky blew out Auburn. They are college kids, they figured this was going to be a walk in the park. Kentucky was not ready to play and it showed big time in the first half. It made me think about how far we had fallen, from being a serious contender, a team that you had better be wary of in March, to a team that is just a tune up game for when the real competition comes to town.

Or Anderson had our guys fired up and they came out executing the plan to perfection.

Looked to me the HOGS came ready to play. People should give them a little credit with the year we have had

I give the hogs credit for playing hard and being ready! What I don’t like is during the Kentucky run in the second half the refs allowed the same defense LSU used to erase out lead. Pushing shoving and grabbing. It’s hard to play 5 on 8!
The jump ball when Herro was over the back of Joe was pitiful. Joe can make free throws. The steal at half court where Joe was bumped multiple times before the ball was stolen. The calls the refs didn’t make were the difference. Kentucky has always had the refs in their back pocket just like Tennessee had them in theirs back pocket last night.
Refs in the SEC are getting hammered by national media for being sorry!
I hope the hogs play hard and compete that’s all I expect of them. WPS!

Does anyone remember the NO CALL at the end of the Indiana game that could have sent them to the line, with a chance to win the game…I’m sure a foul would have been called if it was AT Indiana? Also, we got the benefit on the road at Mizzou, with the push off by their guard, trying to get open for the in bounds play, but the in bounds play we called, wasn’t executed properly. All fans complain about referees calls at the end of close LOSSES. Another thing, in a loss, fans complain about how the TV announcers are always for the team.

Careful HogJohn your seeing both sides of calls, always heard that Losers complain and winners explain. There will always be a call that someone can point at and say that changed the outcome of a game and sometimes it’s true but usually it’s the lack of making plays and turnovers that cost you the game. We have passionate fans and as the game is being played we post things out of the heat of the moment, but I will say many will cool down by the next morning while watching replays and come to the right conclusion most of the time as we do have some very knowledgeable fans.WPS

A little of both really.

Seems like a life time ago since the hogs have had a team to be feared. No matter the effort level, the talent isn’t and hasn’t been there, period. Too many poor effort games and the occasional close call against top competition followed by a litany of excuses. The most common of which is the officiating. Simply put, UK was coming off a blowout win and looking ahead to the UT rematch. Hogs are fortunate things played out as they did. Think about the outcome had the circumstances been different.

Looks like you are the one making excuses.

How many times this year has Gafford but knocked down slapped and grabbed with no call period! How many times have Arkansas players been fouled with no call and if we touch someone there’s a whistle?

[quote=“Mrmojorisin”]

Seems like a life time ago since the hogs have had a team to be feared. No matter the effort level, the talent isn’t and hasn’t been there, period. Too many poor effort games and the occasional close call against top competition followed by a litany of excuses. The most common of which is the officiating. Simply put, UK was coming off a blowout win and looking ahead to the UT rematch. Hogs are fortunate things played out as they did. Think about the outcome had the circumstances been different.

[/quote]Aren’t you just a ray of sunshine! So there are explanations as to why Kentucky did not blow us out, yet Hog fans are wrong for noticing the impact of missed or questionable calls. One would have to be blind as to not question what continuously appears to be officials protecting higher profile programs in calling games, not limited to Razorback games.

If these programs are as good as advertised, one would think they could compete favorably, even on the short end of officiating.