Our RPI dropped from 4 to 6 this weekend

And Vandy dropped from 2 to 3. Tough weekend.

UCLA and Molester State are the top two teams. They opened conference play against each other and UCLA took two of three, so with no conference tournament in the P-11, UCLA would win the tiebreaker for the automatic bid. Both are likely to get top-8 seeds though.

Seven of the top 12 RPI are in the SEC.

[quote=“SwineFusion”]

Seven of the top 12 RPI are in the SEC.

[/quote]And Missou who Arkansas swept is now at #22 in the RPI. Tough, deep league.

[quote=“daBoar”]

Missouri just won a series over LSU this weekend. They have the pitching. From both lefties and righties. They have a post season ban!

LSU has not been good on the road. Let’s hope that continues. It really makes me sorry that I won’t be here for that series.

Their Friday night starter Zach Hess left the game in the first inning with a groin strain – and that’s the game LSU won in the series. No word yet on how long he’ll be out, but pulled groins are not usually quick-healing.

[quote=“ArmyHog”]

Actually they are post season eligible until the appeal they filed has been either approved or denied. If it is denied before the regular season ends, then they will be ineligible for the post season this year.

In the NCAA official RPI released today, which agrees with the Warren Nolan update, Vandy is 3, we’re 6, Georgia is 7, Tennessee is 9, Moo U is 10, LSU 11 and A&M 12.

The national seeds, based on RPI, would be UCLA, Molester State, Vandy, Cal-Santa Barbara (how bout those Gauchos!), Louisville, us, Georgia and Stanford. Three SEC, three Pac-11, ACC and Big West.

UALR has climbed to 117. Get into the top 100 and they’ll no longer be a bad loss in the eyes of the committee. USC got as high as 57 but lost a series at Utah and plummeted to 82.

[quote=“SwineFusion”]

In the NCAA official RPI released today, which agrees with the Warren Nolan update, Vandy is 3, we’re 6, Georgia is 7, Tennessee is 9, Moo U is 10, LSU 11 and A&M 12.

The national seeds, based on RPI, would be UCLA, Molester State, Vandy, Cal-Santa Barbara (how bout those Gauchos!), Louisville, us, Georgia and Stanford. Three SEC, three Pac-11, ACC and Big West.

UALR has climbed to 117. Get into the top 100 and they’ll no longer be a bad loss in the eyes of the committee. USC got as high as 57 but lost a series at Utah and plummeted to 82.

[/quote]RPI is a bit strange to me. Those gauchos have played (and beat) only one Q1 team and they have a lukewarm (in contrast to the SEC) #43 SOS. Yet their RPI is very high at #4.

But, Santa Barbara is one of the nicest places in the world…I can’t imagine how nice it is to play ball there all season. I doubt they’ve had our weather problems.

[quote=“daBoar”]

They are 27-5 and have won 10 road games. If you win road games your RPI will soar.

Didn’t they take 2 out of 3 at State?

Yup. And last-place Kentucky just took two of three at Ole Miss. There are no easy wins in this conference. Sometimes games get out of hand (Saturday at Vandy) but they ain’t easy. If you’re not locked in you get beat, which may be what happened Saturday.