Our Non Con was Awesome!

Congrats, Coach Ruta, for putting together such a strong schedule in the days of Covid! ORU, Abilene Christian, and North Texas were obviously better opponents to schedule than Ohio St., Purdue, and Texas. It’s such a shame that Kentucky, Duke, and North Carolina did not see it the same way. Oh well. They are ALL home now to watch the tournament play out.

3 Likes

Let’s see. We played nine NCAAT teams a total of 14 games in the regular season if my math is right. Tournament record of those nine teams? 7-2, with Misery and EOE-K the losers.

Also fun to note that both outposts of the Evil Orange Empire went buh-bye.

1 Like

I sort of give UT-Knox kudos for showing up; it was a bit like our game at Tuscaloosa without Smith. Now, those guys from Austin, just 24 points in the second half?

It was a murderers row. Just one Top 32 team after another!

Not really. The Vols got blown out, albeit without Fulkerson. It was never close. The ending of the ACU game reminded me of our win at Kentucky – attack the rim, get an offensive board, get fouled and a weak FT shooter knocked down two to win.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.