Our Hogs

Sitting at 1-3 in conference play they need to get back to 500 in conference play. It may be too much to ask but if they win at LSU there’s 3 games after that one 2 at home Texas A&M and I think Georgia and 1 on the road at Ole Miss. A winning streak right now could really help.
3-1 would be nice. In this stretch of games before the Big 12 challenge.

2 Likes

Tomorrow is huge. If we win, we are back in the hunt. Been a long time since I’ve ever wanted to a win a game more than this…for many reasons. I think Will Wade is the lowest form of pond scum. I can’t believe he still has a job, much less the #12 team in the country. He just continually points his middle finger at the NCAA, and yet they do nothing. And don’t get me started on Pearl. The NCAA is a total, toothless joke.

2 Likes

I’m with you on the Wade & Pearl definitions. Anxious to see Coach Smarts strategy, even though it’s most likely Muss’s to begin with, but when the game starts flowing it will become Smarts way.
LSU may be over confident here considering the situation. Would love to pull this off.

2 Likes

I doubt the NCAA will ever do anything!
The IARP has LSU’s case and they won’t do anything either.
Win tomorrow and it’s game on. It’s a tall task but it is possible.
Pinson missed the mid week game so that could be a factor. The freshmen that got the start in his place fouled out.
The refs may end up deciding this game. Our hogs need to stay focused.
If they can build a lead early they have a fighting chance. Take care of the ball and rebound. Keep LSU on front don’t give up driving lanes. LSU will foul if we drove the ball to the hole. Get them on foul trouble.

1 Like

one of my most proud and successful moments as a fan at bud Walton was viscously and relentlessly booing Ben Simmons into probably the worst game of his career. Look at him now what a joke just like will Wade. WPS

2 Likes

A win is do able IF and I’m talking a big IF we come out fast, rebound well and limit turnovers we will give ourselves a opportunity to win. Giving yourself a opportunity is all you can ask for on any given night. WPS

1 Like

Not a good matchup for us today. We can win, but I’m not expecting it.

I was wrong about the next few games.
@ LSU
South Carolina
Texas A&M
@ Ole Miss.
Big 12 Challenge. W Virginia
Win 3 of 4 to get to 500
In league play. The hogs need a quality win. Today is that chance.

1 Like

So important. If we revert back to our 17-19 TOs in the road games, we probably won’t win a single SEC road game this season, let alone at LSU. If we can limit the TOs to 8-10 in this game, we’ll have a fighting chance.

1 Like

They were lucky to win a lot of games this season. They better tighten up and play like a team.

Nope not a good matchup at all in fact. This is by far the best defensive team we have seen and although our starting lineup surprised us offensively against Missouri, this is a totally different animal, have to avoid getting knocked out in the first round in this one…

The KO is getting up early.

1 Like

Yep I cannot say I’m surprised they are an incredible defensive team

Most of our TO’s are just careless.

Yeah most always are, why we have to slow down and take care of the ball

This Hog team can’t play fast. Slow down. Give yourself a chance to win.

They can’t play at all today. The free throw line will decide this game. Stop fouling and commuting TO’s. Jack up a shot from half court just don’t Turn the ball over and over again. This is just stupid.

My post about it being a bad matchup for us was due to their ability to turn us over…and they did. But, the last two games, we’ve turned into a unrecognizable defensive team. That was the difference today. Hopefully, it’s a trend. Defense travels. Go Hogs!

1 Like

I hope we continue with the D

1 Like

Defense was always what was going to make or break this team… half court offense will never be our strong suit due to lack of a true point guard and shooters but we play defense the way we have the last two games we can be in the game against most anybody.

1 Like