OU Not Yet Releasing Chandler Morris

That family apparently can’t even execute a transfer correctly. OU doesn’t want him going to TCU, intra conference. Didn’t we clear that beforehand?

I thought that schools could no longer hold up transfers. I suppose i was wrong.

Good question and I don’t really know.

The way I understand it is - when the immediate eligible rule goes in, there will be no way to stop it.

1 Like

Still don’t understand how a coach can say that immediate eligibility within conference is"bad for the game" when coaches do it all the time

Do as I say, not as I do. And many, many coaches are control freaks. Can’t stand for something not to be under their control. They can’t stop a kid from leaving, but if they can control where he goes, they will.

Riley does it a lot. In conference, Mayfield (under Stoops, from TTU). Murray and Hurts from SEC schools. Not a fan of this hypocrisy.

Have to wonder if OU holding up a transfer would turn away other players who are considering going to OU. Not a good look for Riley & OU.

Not until said players want to transfer out sometime down the road… being new recruits, they are wide-eyed and convinced they will start quickly.

Plus, I think high school quarterbacks view OU as an elite QB destination, given all the recent Heismann winners and runners up. It would take a lot more negative pub, likely, to hurt OU quarterback recruiting.

Think issue is within conference and immediately eligible. Don’t believe any of your examples apply.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.