OT: What is wrong with the Cowboys franchise?

Last year was a pretty good year, but other than that, not much to talk about in years and years. Flame out after flame out.

Is it Jones? They have more money than most teams, but haven’t been a real threat to win it all in forever and a day.

I used to be a HUGE fan. Still want them to win, but for lots of reasons have watched only a game or 2 in the last few years.

They are anything but impressive.

Bad play calling

No depth at key positions

Dez can’t be trusted

Time for changes

What about the head coach???

You can bet the problem isn’t ownership!
Jerry has the vision and strength to make positive changes in order to win. You try to realize the drama that has unfolded this year at the RB position all year and you may find just part of the problem.
Everyone wants to be negative.

Dak didn’t have a great year and the loss of Elliott for 6 games didn’t help either.

Need to get help at receiver badly, Dez is no better than a #2 now, if that, and Williams is a mediocre 2. So that would be job one, to give Dak dangerous targets. They need help at LB and in the secondary as well.

But maybe most of all I think they need a new head coach to take them to the next level. Garrett is not a bad coach, he just does not seem to have the ability to get them over the hump.

The Cowboys can struggle forever and it would suit me just fine. Having said that, I think ownership is a huge part of the problem. Jerry doesn’t know nearly as much about personnel as he thinks he does. He needs somebody with the cojones to tell him he’s wrong occasionally. I don’t think Stephen does that enough.

So glad the team I root for is owned by the Rooney family. Excellent leadership over many years.

I used to be a fan of the NFL and NBA but if pro sports went away, I might not even notice. To each his own and I’m not saying there is anything wrong with that hobby. I just choose other interests, including Hog sports.

I feel the same way. I haven’t watched a complete pro football game this year. Sometimes, I do watch NFL red zone. I gave up on pro basketball years ago and watch the finals sometimes.

The NBA made a mockery of the game, when they let players palm the ball for 10’ and somehow figured how to get guys to the basket from mid court with only four dribbles.

NBA seems to think one extra step is too close to call
and a second step is only one yard more so no call necessary. :lol:

Well, the PA coach thinks he can turn around the Cowboys:

https://mobile.twitter.com/coachkelley1 … 2915943424

I mean, come on. This guy has no idea what it takes to coach an NFL team. Just talking to talk. He ought to read the CBA for starters. It’s a little harder to manage a bunch of unionized, grown men making millions of dollars. Ask Steve Spurrier and Chip Kelly.

I think Stephen does it enough now. That’s why they have drafted better lately.

It’s a cumulative thing to me - not enough depth at key places, play calling was strange this season, defense is only good when Sean Lee is healthy and obviously Dak did not have a good year and Zeke’s shenanigans cost them as well.

You might have a point about Stephen. Play calling did seem to be strange on both sides of the ball, and I expect both coordinators will be replaced. The record also would have been better if not for Elliott’s suspension. One player should not be that important to a defense, but Lee clearly is for Dallas.