OT: The Prequels

Are better than the sequels and Revenge of the Sith is the best of all nine movies.

Come at me with the hate!

I’ll know Friday around 6:30 :film_strip:

Good but the best is Rise of SkyWalker! That’s all I will say because of those who have not seen it. Amazing that we are talking about something that is 42 years old!!

ROTS is the best of the Prequels for sure. Rise was a pretty decent film and I expected it to be terrible. The OT defined the genre, so they stay at a collective 1 for me. I also enjoyed Rogue 1 and Solo. I guess you could say I am a pretty big SW fan.

The question is where do they go next? I have a feeling they are waiting to see the results of Rise and how the fans feel about before they do anything. My take from Rise was that Disney made a lot of apologies for Ep 8.

Personally I hope the trilogy is thousands of years in the future and the name Skywalker is never uttered - time for a fresh start.

Solo is my favorite movie since Disney bought the Lucas Film.

I’m probably the biggest Star Wars geek on the board. Haven’t see Rise , yet, but have seen spoilers. If the spoilers are correct, HORRIBLE!!!

Solo, absolutely sucked.

Rogue One was good

I actually like Revenge of the Sith.

As for what’s next, currently Disney has The Mandalorian, and Star Wars Resistance. They are actually currently filming a series called Kenobi with Ewan McGregor (who is now the right age for Obi-Wan’s escapades on Tantooine. Also, rumors they are trying to make a series about Lord Vader).

Rian Johnson (who killed the franchise with Last Jedi) is also supposed to be working on three new movies. The main character in this trilogy will be Tameri Blagg (the stable boy at the end of Last Jedi) it’ll follow him as a Jedi (apparently Rey or baby yoda from The Mandalorian will have trained him).

Edit: I will also add this (and this is a bit of a spoiler for Rise), the voice cameos are missing somebody, and with the mid season finale of SW Resistance last night, it’s hinting that he is about to return.

I guess I’ll be “Forced” to go see it.

I am a pretty big fan myself. I have seen Rise twice. Before you go watch, just leave expectations at the door. Don’t try and over analyze it and you will enjoy it. It still has problems, but as bad as TLJ, I think JJ did a much better job than I expected. I am not selling it as the best movie ever. But it wasn’t the garbage I was expecting.

I hadn’t heard about the missing voice and haven’t seen this season of Resistance, so I am going to have to check that out. I really don’t think RJ gets to do his trilogy. I don’t think Disney can gamble on him. Although, stable boy was my favorite part of TLJ and I like the idea of that character being developed.

I figured he would grow up to be a Jedi, parallel Anakin’s story. But I believe there would be a revolt if that happened.

I’m guessing it’ll be Rey that ends up training him and baby Yoda (who’ll end up being the next Yoda), and other force sensitive individuals and keep the story of Skywalker and the Jedi alive for centuries

As for the missing voice, think about who you heard, that should hint at who might still be alive that you didn’t hear

Well, if you are the biggest, I dare to say I’m probably least. So this board is represented from A to Z. I have never seen so much as 1 minute of any of the Star Wars films. Obviously, I’ve seen the advertised (on TV) scenes, but that’s it. For some reason, I’ve never been a fan of any sci-fi movies. The only one I remember going to the theater to see was ET, when my wife and 16 year old daughter dragged me there.

The last two releases have been trash, plot repeats with little character development and no soul.

I love SW. I hate the last two. Probably won’t go see the new one. I bet the new Luke and the new Vader fight and then wind up on the same team. See me in a week and let me know if I’m right. It sounds like a familiar plot line.

I did love Rogue 1. Great flick.

I thought Rise of Skywalker was pretty bad TBH. The Force Awakens was pretty good, but the last two I found to be really disappointing

Harley. I might battle you for that crown I saw the original 42 years ago, have not seen another Star Wars since haha