OT - NFR Experience

Just finished up tonight with Champions. I have been going since 1988. The greatest event every year bar none.

This year was the best. Perhaps it was getting back to Vegas. It was just great with the champs not decided until the final ride. It was even more special for me. I went with our neighbor and closet friends who happened to be the aunt and uncle of Jordon Briggs. Jordon won the world tonight. Got to spend time with the family the whole last part of the week. Wow, the tension was so thick. Hey, I am a “sponsor”. I give her hay when she comes to CO. Oh yes, she is a sweet young lady as well. So is Hailey Kensil.

Rodeo and western ranch people are the best.

Oh yes, 9 contestants from LA and none from AR. Come on.

6 Likes

There were several contestants who were from nearby in Oklahoma. I know that I saw hometowns listed as Jay, Nowata, Pawhuska, etc.

It was extremely exciting last night. I’ve watched for years and I’ve never seen anything like it.

1 Like

Jordon has been besieged with endorsement request in the last 12 hrs. Seems she is being smart about which ones to take. Of course, she only made over $200,000 in the last 4 days.

It was an amazing night and an amazing last 10 days. The ride that Stetson made to win the saddle bronc at 93 pts ranks up there with Billy’s 94 on Cool Ally to win and I thought that would never be beaten.

1 Like

Love the cowboy names.

Stetson’s brother is named Rider.

Actually, it is Ryder. :grinning:

I agree with Jim on the quality of people in Rodeo. I spent much of the 70’s in the sport (strictly amateur) and can attest to the hard work it takes to make a living competing in rodeo. My wife was a very competitive barrel racer back then. Those ladies train constantly with their horse to stay in championship form. The Cowgirls, the Cowboys, horses and stock are great athletes. So much respect for them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.