OT: New program on SEC network

It is called True South. It is about food and locales in the South. It’s not a cooking show, but about the restaurants and their place in the communities.

The first one was on today. Check it out.

I noticed that, but frankly, I prefer sports.

That’s fine, but there are a number of people here who care about good food and the traditions of the South. Of course, that is why I described it, so that those who don’t care can avoid it.

Speaking of food. Is there still a place in De Valls Bluff on US70 right on the river that used to have great catfish?
I left Arkansas a long time ago but that was one good food place.

I’ll have to check that out. I just moved to Columbia, MO over the summer, so I’ve been exploring new food and traditions at a different sec locale. I wouldn’t call up here true south though.

If I find anything noteworthy I’ll post it so anyone travelling up for games can check it out.

For an upscale steak house, check out CC’s City Broiler. Four of us went there the last time we played in Columbia. The food and the service were both amazing. I had the Steak Sinatra (Filet mignonettes over lobster mashed potatoes, French fried asparagus and Lobster Newburg cream sauce) OH MY!

Bob Holt swears by Shakespeare’s Pizza in Columbia. It’s a must stop every time he goes back.

I love shows that focus on restaurants in different cities.

I’ve had Shakespeare’s a couple of times. It is a cool place. I may try to go watch a game there this weekend. Now that steakhouse sounds like my cup of tea though.

I cut the cord when I moved up here, so hopefully that show is on the ESPN app. I’ll look for it.

We are staying in Montgomery this weekend for the Auburn game.

Anyone have any suggestions on a dinner location for Friday night? There will be 11 of us.

It’s pretty grim in Montgomery. But there are plenty of chain places.

The first episode was fantastic. Very impressed.

It’s the only program on the SEC Network I’ll watch until this time next year…

I will check it out I love to hear about all the neat places to go in other places.