OT (Hawgs Illustrated)

I don’t get this Clay retiring deal??

I have a friend who hates city life. In December his wife is old enough to retire. Looking for a 3-5 acre area to build a log cabin. As Clay and my friend James both wanted to move to a less city life environment. So the travel time would be a deal breaker for me. Maybe that was the plan all along to see how far Clay could stay on this “Run”

It’s been great hasn’t it.

I wish my post could have carried over to the new forum. I had a bunch. And I have no idea how long I have been a member. Mods is there anyway to see when Razorback339 became a member?

I don’t know if it was in the 90’s or in the 2000’s that I started. Just kind of a sad deal cutting the head off of this operation. And anybody saying some of these post are rather dramatic then I take the side of the poster. I have always said I’m here because of Clay and then DD. So to see that collapse in 1 day is hard to swallow.

BTW I owe Clay lunch. His wife and daughter sat in my seats at BWA.

BOOM they’re gone…

1 Like

BTW what’s up with Hawgs Illustrated? Maybe I missed it but has this been covered?

We still have our community. A lot of us have been here 10, 20, 30 years. Let’s give this new version a chance. Sounds like Clay is rightfully retiring. It sucks the way they did Dudley, and let’s all keep up with him but let’s give it a bit of time before we all jump ship.
In a short time, I bet we all have a chance to support Dudley then can make a decision. I simply hate to see all of our unique personalities suddenly drop. Just my humble thoughts. Not trying to start a fight.

4 Likes

While we may never know the real reasons. I’ll still enjoy reading Richard Davenport and the rest of the Hawgsillustrated Team & Posters. One thing is for sure in life… Change!!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.