OT - Eli Williams

Over a year ago I posted asking prayers for my little buddy Eli Williams. I wanted those who prayed that our prayers for healing were answered this morning when Eli went home to Jesus. Eli was 11 but fought through more than most of us could ever imagine in those 11 short years. Over 2 1/2 years ago Eli was diagnosed with a brain tumor. For his family and friends it was a surreal day and hard to believe since Eli had been on the basketball court 1 week earlier with our grandson. Eli endured several surgeries and many, many trips from Chattanooga to Memphis to be cared for by the wonderful folks at St. Jude Children’s hospital.

His mom Heather and dad Emory have been very close to us since we were leaders of a Bible study group they were in when they were first married. Eli leaves behind his mom and dad and little brother Noah and his grandparents Donna and Jim.

This family has shown strength beyond my comprehension since this began. They are no less than amazing. God has used them in so many ways. The Williams are big TN fans and the Vol nation has stepped up to help. Peyton Manning has called Eli and the Vols had Eli on the field prior to a big game. Eli was a part of our church High School team as a mascot/little brother. There are no words to express the love he gave and was given by so many.

I know many of you prayed for this family when I posted. Thanks for your prayers. I told Emory and Heather many in Arkansas were praying for them. They appreciated the love. So today Eli is healed. He can run, is in no pain and does not have to do anymore difficult procedures. He knew Jesus. There was no doubt about him knowing Jesus. He was a strong young man.

Thanks for your prayers and blessings. Eli is home.

Sad but great news. Sad for those who knew him and loved him, but great for him to no longer be hurting and in the arms of the One who loves him most. “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints” (Psalm 116:15).

A deeply sad loss for the family.