OT--Does Anybody Know TV Sports Guy?

… for Channel 5 in Fort Smith during the late 70s to early 80s. Seems like he was originally from Indiana, Illinois or somewhere up north but was a staple for a while at KFSM. I’ve forgotten his name and wonder whatever happened to him.

The only channel 5 sports guy from that era I remember is Mike Irwin and he’s still very much around.

Swine, Mike has been around a long time and has done a lot of things. I wish he would write a book about every thing that has happen to him… I really like Mike, one of the reasons is HE TELLS LIKE IT IS he makes alot of people mad and its because they don’t like the truth! Swine I enjoy all your articles or I should say posts…

if not mike irwin could it be mike nail?

Nail was at a different station, 29 I believe.

It wasn’t Irwin nor Nail. Mike Irwin was with Channel 5, but may have been based in Fayetteville by that time. The time period may have been more 80s than 70s. This guy was based in Fort Smith. I remember Irwin when he was in Fort Smith. I think this guy took over the sports anchor desk when Irwin left for Fayetteville. But I’m not 100 percent sure.