OT Chuck Filiaga gives the latest on him and Arkansas

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016 … ffensive-/

Doesn’t look good for us. :cry:

Chuck seems pretty honest in saying he wants to visit. His mom has told me the same. Time will tell if they get on campus.

Hope we get a visit. He looks like a good recruit.

Have we ever signed an out of state kid that did not officially visit? Only unofficial? Seems like I remember a couple that had. It been on campus until after signing day, but I don’t think they were highly rated.

I believe Jevontee Herndon just signed and never took any kind of visit here

And I’m thinking Josh Williams as well

[quote=“drscottymac”]

Have we ever signed an out of state kid that did not officially visit? Only unofficial? Seems like I remember a couple that had. It been on campus until after signing day, but I don’t think they were highly rated.
[/quote]That highly rated of a prospect, I think you are right — and the article said he already visited Michigan and I know I saw pictures on twitter of his visit — even though rivals doesn’t show an official visit date. So I am going from the perspective that he has visited Michigan. May not always be true, but if you visit where you think you want to go, but still seriously taking visits afterwards ---- you haven’t made your mind up yet. A car ride to Fayetteville is a lot closer than a plane ride to Ann Arbor — that’s one perspective. Losing our old OL coach still sucks. Our new one may be an even better coach, but we had a great reputation for O linemen going,
deservedly or not. He could probably play here immediately if he is good enough.

[quote=“dm919”]

FWIW, I would NEVER rely on profiles for info. They’re often not updated.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

[quote=“dm919”]

FWIW, I would NEVER rely on profiles for info. They’re often not updated.
[/quote]And we have talked about that before, I just mentioned the website this time. Unexpected thing was – they listed the other OV’s to OR & OK just not M. But do you disagree ? If you are committed, why would you visit past 3 OV’s ?

[quote=“dm919”]

Committed? You suspect he might be a private commit?

[quote=“dm919”]

Committed? You suspect he might be a private commit?
[/quote]Oh, no, didn’t mean to assert that and would not know that – you would know that before me. Just all the talk is that Michigan was where he was leaning and they are having a great season, but in general, when a prospect is trying to expand their visit possibilities ---- that would mean they haven’t found exactly what they want in a school you would think. And he might have been raised like me and just being nice when asked a question, who knows. But I changed my mind from earlier post. He looks mean enough for me on the field. Lucky to get him. But still not an big ugly, lol.

[quote=“dm919”]

I think he and his mother want to make sure he explores his options. He might be leaning towards Michigan but he seems to be keeping it to himself.

[quote=“dm919”]

I think he and his mother want to make sure he explores his options. He might be leaning towards Michigan but he seems to be keeping it to himself.
[/quote]And that is the thing, especially for OL guys, go where you feel like you fit in. A family guy like that - is a perfect fit here. I just hope they can communicate that — which I believe CBB is a lot better communicator than most of us. If you are good enough, doesn’t really matter where you go as far as the NFL is concerned. Borderline players — better to play in bigger conferences. Great players – doesn’t really matter.