OT but hilarious...football players with no hands

I’m gonna miss this guy…and by the way, he’s talking about Sinclair Gas stations…

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

Spit my coffee out when he showed the hands. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

You can spend hours on YouTube watching Leach pure gold stuff.

1 Like

Special human being. Glad he was here during my lifetime.

1 Like

It took his death to become a legend, much like some of the Rock stars (Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison). I knew who the Pirate was, I had seen a couple of his press conferences and really just paid attention to him when we were getting ready to play them or had just played them. Now my heart hurts a little when I see him on these videos and wish I had paid more attention and enjoyed his antics while he was still with us.

3 Likes

Those who know he can no longer beat them now celebrate him in a way that would not have happened during the days he was the enemy.

He would understand. No one celebrates a pirate’s legend until he can no longer make you walk his plank.

3 Likes

Priceless, has there ever been a coach that wove evolution and T-Rex arms into a press conference? No, sadly no one in the future will either. One of a kind can have many connotations, but the Pirate sets atop the coaching ranks and will probably never be toppled off his perch for uniqueness. I’m really saddened by the whole situation.

1 Like

I think they broke the mold with the Pirate, Dale. Really saddens me too. I’ve always gravitated towards colorful, interesting characters, and Mike Leach was that…in spades.
College football will be a lot less interesting from now on.

1 Like

BTW company referenced was Sinclair. Had a refinery in my home town.

Sinclair stations used to have a dinosaur statue. At one time one of those statues had migrated into a city park in Mountainburg.

As noted in the OP… :wink:

If you watch American Pickers, anything with the Sinclair dino on it is worth some serious bucks.

He was hilarious. So sorry he’s not still around. I am, and although I guess you have to hand it to me for that, I’m still an old fossil.

1 Like

From an interview in 2018 while Leach was at Washington State.

When asked about the team’s offensive distribution, Leach offered a spin on his philosophy as only Leach can.
“I want all of the positions to touch it,” Leach said. “There’s nothing balanced about 50 percent run, 50 percent pass, because that’s 50 percent stupid.”
“Now, what is balanced is when you have five skill positions … if all five of them are contributing to the offensive effort in a somewhat equal fashion, then that’s balanced,” he continued. “But this notion that, if you hand it to one guy 50 percent of the time and then you throw it to a combination of two guys the other 50 percent, that you’re really balanced … you probably pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that, and people have been doing that for decades. Well, you’re delusional.”

:rofl:

1 Like