Only 1 game suspension for Grayson Allen

Grayson Allen ends his suspension tonight and starts against Georgia Tech. This means he missed just one game that Duke lost.

Is this fair? Or is this another issue that the untouchable Coach K gets a pass?

Personally I am surprised that he is back and he is starting right away. I thought three strikes would mean something more than one strike.

Very cheesy.

That’s inexcusable, Coach K didn’t even seem to care when he first did it, the media really kinda forced to even suspend him at all. I thought he should have missed at least 3 games. You can’t intentionally try to trip/hurt people and there be no consequences. What made it worse the kid wasn’t even remorseful he threw a temper tantrum on the bench.

I don’t really know that his game will translate well to the pros anyway, but hopefully the character keeps my Thunder well away from him. Don’t know if I could handle another Dukie on the team with how utterly awful Kyle Singler has been in OKC.

I realize this hijacks the topic, but…
I fully endorse this post.
How does Singler get ANY minutes??
It is unbelievable.
Did you know he is in the early stages of a 4 year, $20 million contract?
Easily the most overpaid, nonproductive player in the NBA.
I cringe every time BD inserts him.

Ok, rant over.
I feel much better now.

He is in the running for being the worst player in the league. I was listening to a league-wide podcast the other day and they randomly brought him up as that.

Dude was a good role player at Detroit, too. Now he can barely dribble without turning it over, is more likely to miss the rim entirely than hit a 3 and fouls like there’s no tomorrow. I get that Billy is trying to keep him engaged, but there comes a point when he’s just who he is. He’s been bad since they traded for him.

You are preaching to the choir. Even with the massive cap spike, he is probably tough to trade unless they sweeten the pot.

Is it fair from Duke or NCAA. I think Duke can discipline however it chooses. If it didn’t want to suspend at all, I would have been fine with that. Doesn’t mean he isn’t being disciplined. I have no idea what Coach K is doing and don’t really care. That’s their problem.

Should the NCAA get involved? If that is what you’re asking, then I don’t really have an opinion. I don’t think we really want the NCAA trying to determine what behavior is or isn’t acceptable for suspensions. Get him a tech. Eject him if you want. But, leave it at that. What’s the difference between a trip and dirty foul. Is it the same as punching in groin? I don’t know. Maybe it should be. But then is the trip accidental or intentional. All these decisions a ref has to make. Call it a flagrant 1 or 2 and eject him if applicable. I’m sure that will happen next time.

I don’t think it that big of a deal. I would rather be tripped than hit with an elbow or kneed in the groin. It is incredibly rough on the inside trying to rebound and people get hit both intentional and unintentional.

If you really want to stop Grayson, when he trips you…just get up and pop him one in the Solar Plexus. He will get the message.