One reason I do not get excited about recruiting

Well, it is SOMETHING to get excited about this year.

Amen, I feel the same way, there’s no doubt I had rather have the number 9 ranked class than 29 as the odds are you have a better opportunity to get some impact players. All a good class means at this point is that you have things going your way if you can hang on to everyone and they pan out as advertised. WPS

Certainly every school has recruiting failures but the higher your class is ranked the more opportunity for success because of pure numbers. You have to be excited about a class with 10 four stars and probably more on the way. This class has doubled our usual four star recruits if they all stay onboard.

I hate that we lost Stone but clearly it sounds as if he is going in the wrong direction at this time from a talent standpoint or has gotten somewhat stagnant in his development. So, if we can replace him with some of these JUCO lineman than in my opinion we have bettered ourselves at that spot.

I also look at it this way…hey, we lost a 3 star and now have another spot opened up for another 4 star OR JUCO OL ready to play…not a bad way to look at it.

Arkansas did not “lose” Stone.

Better options on the horizon…

Mutual could means a lot of things. From not progress to academic issues. The earlier you identify problems the better off you are. I wish the young man well.

Sam Pitman helped with the OL recruiting before he left. Winning also helps recruiting.
One thought for those that don’t get excited about this recruiting class " with the hogs current record looking at the recruiting ranking just for a moment think what a winning season could do to the overall quality of the class". This staff has done an admirable job of putting the class together. It’s up to them to do the due diligence to follow up and ensure they qualify academically and commited. Then it’s up to them to coach them up and get the same process going for the 20 and 21 recruinting classes.
Find something else to grip about.
I’m excited about this class and what it means to my hogs!

[/quote]

The loss of coaches Pittman and Chaney was the key event that led to the crash of CBB in my opinion.
Pittman brought excitement to recruiting that was lacking in the past. Bringing in Skipper from Colorado, Kirkland from Colorado, Tretola from JC along with a failed OL from Hawaii was very exciting. We had not seen anything like if for some time.
It is no mystery that CBB’s best years were with those two coaches. Then it seems to me that CBB got to thinking he was smarter than Chaney and could do better. He was wrong and the loss of Chaney led to the loss of Pittman, which led us to where we are today.
I liked CBB and am sad that it did not work out. There were times when I really thought it would. We were not without talent on the program and the Pittman recruiting years were actually pretty good. I think some rewriting of history goes on here.
I think we would be telling a different tale if CBB would have stuck with Chaney and Pittman instead of torpedoing his own ship.

The loss of coaches Pittman and Chaney was the key event that led to the crash of CBB in my opinion.
Pittman brought excitement to recruiting that was lacking in the past. Bringing in Skipper from Colorado, Kirkland from Colorado, Tretola from JC along with a failed OL from Hawaii was very exciting. We had not seen anything like if for some time.
It is no mystery that CBB’s best years were with those two coaches. Then it seems to me that CBB got to thinking he was smarter than Chaney and could do better. He was wrong and the loss of Chaney led to the loss of Pittman, which led us to where we are today.
I liked CBB and am sad that it did not work out. There were times when I really thought it would. We were not without talent on the program and the Pittman recruiting years were actually pretty good. I think some rewriting of history goes on here.
I think we would be telling a different tale if CBB would have stuck with Chaney and Pittman instead of torpedoing his own ship.

[/quote]

Nobody wanted to lose Pittman, but not many if any wanted to see another year of Chaney’s vanilla offense on the field. Maybe it was scaled back by CBB, who knows. But apparantly CBB didn’t think Pittman would jump ship if he ran off his friend but he was wrong.