One more projection for the Outback Bowl

Stewart Mandel of The Athletic puts us in Tampa against Wisconsin.

Also of note: He doesn’t think Bama makes the playoffs. That puts Bama in Sugar, Ole Miss goes to the Peach and Kentucky gets Citrus. Who replaces Bama in the playoffs? He has Okie Lite as the 3 seed and Cincy as the 4.

Other SEC bowls: A&M to Houston (big road trip huh?), Tennessee to Gator, Moo U to Nashville, LSU to Charlotte (meaning he thinks they beat A&M), Auburn to Memphis, Misery to Birmingham.

He also thinks Bielema makes a bowl at 5-7 because there won’t be enough eligible teams and Illinois’ APR was good enough at the last NCAA report. So will Florida, which will go to Gasparilla.

Tampa would be great. I would go. Also be a great reward for the guys. They have earned it IF and only if they win Fri.

1 Like

I could get 2 hockies in by making a beginning of Sunrise (Panturds) and finish in Tampa (Rangers and Wiscyt) and then some fishing. Paella at Colombia Restauran in Ybor and Bern’s in Palma Ciea get most restaurant must do’s. Plenty of seafood choices all around the waters and grouper sandwich choice is between Green Iguana on Westshore and Hurrican Grille on St Pete Beach which is great beach of it’s own accord. Much better than Music City which I already have tickets for as a just in case.

Sporting News also has us in Tampa against Iowa. My friend in Omaha is salivating over that one.

When we lived in FL St. Pete beach was our fav. Stayed several times at the Don Cesar. Enjoyed several seafood restaurants on the beach and went to Berns several times. Outstanding!

1 Like

If their four make it, it will be Cincy and Georgia not Cincy and Osu