Once-in-a-lifetime prospect

Definently Pittman type OL,would love to get him!

For sure looks like a Pittman type OL!!! That’s one big boy!

Jared said he talked to Arkansas on Monday and he’s working on a date to visit.

Just so everyone knows, high school coaches have told me about a once-in-a-lifetime prospect every year. In fact, in many places, you might get a Division I prospect about once in 10 years. Many high school coaches have never had one. Of course, the smaller the school, the more often that can be said and maybe they get one DI guy ever.

This guy is probably a great prospect. I am not going to say anything other than that because I don’t know one thing other than this story. North Carolina is a far piece from my little spot on the Norfork River.

For what it’s worth, I had a high school coach tell me about a “once-in-a-lifetime” player in three straight years. I told him he had to quit using that phrase because he was about out of lifetimes! That was years ago in Tulsa, Okla. He agreed with me that he had to stop using that phrase. I saw him a few years ago and asked him how many once-in-a-lifetime players he had coached. He grinned, then said, “About 15.” We both laughed. I told him that’s why he had multiple state titles.

I quit writing that he’d said that after the second one. Seemed like it was getting old. But, I understand that when someone says it, you probably should write it, as Richard did.

West Forsyth made the NC 4AA quarterfinals last season, losing to the eventual state champ. Record was 11-2; ranked #7 in the state by MaxPreps. Enrollment was about 2400 in 2018.

A long shot to pull him to Arkansas. He sure is quick.

Not saying he’s coming but I wouldn’t say he’s a LS.

Here is the thing about Sam Pittman, everyone remembers him everywhere he’s been. That includes North Carolina. There are high school coaches all over the country who swear by Sam after seeing the way he treated their player. Sam coached a long time ago for the Tar Heels, but he’s remembered there. That’s just the way Sam is and will always be.

2 Likes

Very good point Clay, Thank You!