On the concessions and what is being done

Here is a piece on what went wrong at the Razorbacks’ first game of the season and the measures that are being taken to correct it moving forward: http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017 … ncessions/

The concession area layout under the east and west stands is terrible. Per your article Levy will spend 5.5 million renovating. Sounds like a great idea if it doesn’t bankrupt them. At most unless there are other events Levy will use it 5 times a year.

The $5.5 million is for renovations to the concession areas at all the venues, not just the football stadium. A lot of the work will be back-of-house - machinery that can add up quick.

It would cost a lot more than $5.5 million to fix the concession area layout on either side (east is really not that bad; west is horrible). There were and are two major problems on the west side. One, there is not much room there because of the presence of Razorback Road. Two, the lower west concourses are down in the ravine, below street level, toward the northwest corner. A&M solved a similar problem by completely demolishing their west stands and starting over, but I’m not sure even that would be an option for us because of the space limitations. Never mind the cost; $160 million wouldn’t come close to covering the cost of a complete west-side rebuild.

True, but the new construction should alleviate some of the pressure on the West side.

Concessions improved some…but still awful.

11:00 am game and they didn’t have hot dogs ready at noon. You think people might want some lunch???

They only have one person at each station…should have two, one to take your order and one to go get the stuff. Would be much quicker! The lines were still really long in my area.

They did have people walking around with drinks, that was much better, but we didn’t see him too often, maybe two times during game.

Just my two cents. It should be much easier to get concessions. I hope they have this fixed by the Auburn game.

So, Saturday, I went to the concession stand with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter (Upper West side) - I missed the entire halftime show before I was able to get 2 sausages (they were out of hot dogs for $3 and I had to get sausages for $7) chips and candy. I stood in line for over 30 minutes. I have never experienced these issues to this degree before. I thought Levy would be more prepared than Sudexo, but obviously they are having a huge adjustment period.

They did have water and Gatorade only lines with little to no waiting, but for soda, popcorn, candy, peanuts, hot dogs, anything substantial - extremely long waits…

With an 11am kickoff and less tailgating I’m sure there was a larger demand for food - couldn’t they have foreseen this?

Many people waiting in line with me discussed an even worse experience for the TCU game - so this was an improvement?!?

Disappointing and unacceptable to say the least…