On the charge on Devo last night

SEC admits replay official screwed up. The guy’s foot being on the arc is absolutely reviewable in the last two minutes; the nimrod in Birmingham told them it wasn’t, so they didn’t look at it.

Unreal.

I’d like there to be follow up to know what reprimand the officials received for missing the call. Of course, that will never happen.

2 Likes

We will never know or see anything that happens to officials or the replay jerks

1 Like

Second paragraph of the SEC statement gives a clue. The on-court and replay crew will be dinged for their screw-ups which will affect future game and tournament assignments.

We might have still lost the game, but coming when it did, that mistake was huge. Instead of us shooting FT’s, MU shot them. It also meant Devo fouling out. Instead of us having to foul to try to get the ball back, MU would’ve had to do so. Playing with a lead in the final 40 seconds is a whole lot different than playing from behind.

So, it sounds like this did cost us the game. (And for anyone who wants to say, “it didn’t cost the game, our [fill in the blank] cost us the game”: you’re wrong. If 100 things contribute to a loss and the reversal of any one of them reverses the outcome then that one thing costs the game.)

3 Likes

If the refs and Hoover were doing their jobs this crap wouldn’t happen all the time

1 Like

I blame Hoover more than the refs on the scene. Live action decisions must be made in the heat of the moment. Humans will make mistakes. That doesn’t excuse all the ticky-tacky fouls this crew called, but at least on-the-spot mistakes are more understandable. Telling the refs it was not a reviewable call is inexcusable. Same with the replays in the Liberty Bowl (although not by the SEC) and during the football game at Auburn two years ago. Seems like the reviews just compound the error.

2 Likes

They are as ignorant as they come! Dunce hats for them all. Include Stinkey I mean Stankey.

1 Like

Hoover has never done us any favors at all

3 Likes

It is disappointing that the foul was called in the first place. It was more of a “flop” than a charge and with the foul happy refs the call should have occurred on first contact by the Mizzou players prior to Devo’s contact. Again, this was a very poorly called game but for the official record it will be a recorded loss without an asterisk.

1 Like

sigh. You’re right

Army you got Stinky right the first time

That one guy sure resembled a PAC 12 ref I saw in Memphis…

1 Like

dang, pghawg1 I thought I had left the “k” off asterisk … with all the knives out today I thought I had screwed up in a bad way and I would soon be following Tusk V to parts unknown, rofl:

You’re right, Chip, that call WAS huge. Devo didn’t miss a FT last night, but instead he fouls out on the play. The officiating last night was criminally corrupt, as in, the zebras looked like they had bet Mizzou.
Yeah, we were throwing the ball all over the yard, but officials should never decide a game.
Last night they did. Inexcusable.

2 Likes

This makes me sick. WHY HAVE VIDEO REVIEW? It only slows down the game to an unbearable level.

Either get video review right, 99.9% of the time, or get rid of it. One or the other. I am fine with either actually.

But this review alot of stuff, add 20 minutes to a game, and STILL GET IT WRONG has to go.

Its like a kid having an untimed exam with the textbook. If you miss something that is pretty much inexcusable…unless its something that is subjective. But a charge call with a foot in the circle? That is NOT subjective

2 Likes

That is why I am having a hard time letting last night go, Robbie. We had A LOT on the line…win, and we probably start a 4-game SEC win streak, and instead of falling like a hunk of iron out of the Top 25, we might have actually moved back up into the teens. I know, I care too much about Hog hoops, but I had a tough time sleeping last night. I legit feel like we were robbed by either inept, or corrupt zebras.
And, have we EVER had a Birmingham/ Hoover (where the hell ever) video review go our way in ANY sport? Just sick of it!
This conference has the best athletes on the planet, and they are officiated by the worst, good ol’ boy, network of a$$holes this side of the IRS.
Rant over.
Go Hogs!

4 Likes

How can this be your job and not know this?!!

Cleary the announcers knew it was reviewable, but the people whose job it was to know, didn’t know. Unbelievable.

1 Like

I was right there with you Jeremy, wishing the outcome of sports events didn’t bother me so much. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Why is it always an Arkansas game where officials screw up. Sec said same thing after auburn game 2 yrs ago. Tired of getting screwed by this league