On Arkansas' secondary's next big challenge

Defending top targets has been a struggle the first two weeks for Arkansas’ secondary, and North Texas has a pair of receivers averaging better than 100 yards per game - one a former Notre Dame commit with solid size. Both have 3 touchdowns:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … th-texas-/

Texas Tech 2015 - The Sequel

Hopefully the sequel has a better ending.

I think their WR’s are 5-10 to 6-1 which is a stark difference from the ONE at CSU that killed us. CSU #11 was 6-4 or more and used his height masterfully. There were times we sat in a zone and he was wide open so height had nothing to do with that. I am not sure we are going to have problems with Size this week. I would think the coaches see that they should have manned on #11 with safety support since the CSU run game was a joke. I would assume the same this week.

We have to find a way to get to the Qb or this guy will pick us clean like a vulture on road kill. If we get to the Qb we will rout these guys !WPS

NT throw a lot of slants and quick hitters over the middle,the QB is not very tall and we can get our hands on some them if we get our hands up. they have not played anybody who is physical and I think we can hole them down enough to win by about 8-10pts 38-28

Agreed. Something interesting I found in game notes this morning is that Morris’ SMU teams sacked North Texas quarterbacks five times each time they played the last two seasons.

We were putting pressure on the CSU QB because we played a lot of press coverage that took away the quick pass. We got hurt against CSU late in the 3rd and 4th qtr when we went to zone with big cushions that allowed quick passes. We allowed quick passes that took away our time to get to the QB.