On Arkansas' defensive performance vs. Fordham

“For the first time, I feel like everybody was locked in as one,” Ricky Council said.

On No. 10 Arkansas’ impressive defensive effort – one of the best in the Eric Musselman era – against Fordham on Friday:

We can have a truly great defensive team if everybody buys in and starts to really believe that this is the trademark of this team… we have size and athleticism that we have not had probably ever top to bottom…

We have plenty of guys we can keep running in there that are 6’6+and all of them can move and defend.

The defensive energy was as impressive as the technique. Now, if they can find their offensive style before late December. I am so used to watching Arkansas teams pass the ball around looking to get a good look at the three and now, it’s all about getting to the basket. Can’t argue with the score result last night though.

This team has the ability to be the best defensive team in Arkansas history, I don’t remember another team with the length and quickness joined with the desire to play lockdown defense as these guys. It’s early and they will polish and perfect this defense as season progresses and we have the talent and speed to finish on the other on the other end after a turnover. The best part of this defense is they best you by sliding their feet and staying in position , not hand checking and slapping at the ball and picking up fouls. Loose balls are quickly gathered up by multiple players diving on the floor knowing every possession counts. WPS

If this team plays offensively with the energy of last years team, and with the effort on defense that last years team played with, they are going to be a big problem for anyone.

Dudes for Fordam were talking stuff, bumping and chirping into the second half, I was thinking, dude your team has 29 points, not a good look. Stop already.

2 Likes

Rabbit say hello to Mr. Eagle…