Ole Miss vs UCA

Great post, Superhog1.

It is, or should be, really SIMPLE: nothing to gain and everything to lose. File next to dumb in the file folder.

1 Like

I think some of you are intentionally missing the point. I would never advocate playing in-state teams in lieu of playing ranked teams. Of course the games against the “big boys” are more exciting and desired. Those are the games I want to see too. I just don’t get what ya’ll are afraid of by scheduling in-state. I guess you would rather watch us feast on the likes of Delaware St., NC A&T, or…name your cupcake. As far as ASU, I would never offer them again if they turned us down, but UALR, UAPB, and UCA (also cupcakes) don’t scare me in the least, and those games do interest me. But, I know when I’m beat, so I’m not gonna argue this topic anymore. GO Hogs!

No big deal. Playing in-state schools is about filling up hard-to-fill opponent slots inexpensively and on-the-quick. Most of the time, the slots will be mid-week games. Sometimes, they may even be exhibition games at the start of the season. UAPB, UALR or UCA may show up in basketball or soccer preseason.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.