Ole Miss game

The game will be at 11 a.m. on SEC Network.

That start time can work to our favor if we come in fired up.

I like it!

We have a group going over. We expected a later start time. Now, we have to find a place to eat dinner Saturday night. Any recommendations

Boure’ ; McEwens; and Oxford Grill on the Square (will be PACKED)
if you want catfish; either Taylor Grocery (about 10 miles south of town and BYOB) or Laws Hill Fish House about 10 miles north of town in Waterford, MS.

Otherwise, THE BEST PLACE is actually in Como, MS. Como Steakhouse which is just off I-55 on the way to Memphis from Oxford…

Are you tailgating?

Yes, my friend has Ole Miss friends who have invited us to their tailgate in the Grove. Thanks for your recommendations. We’ll check them out.

Not sure where you are staying but like one poster said…Como Steakhouse in Como MS is great. If you stay in Memphis go to Braden Station just east of Memphis for great Catfish…Buckley’s in Memphis has great food…chain locations in Memphis by the Galleria Mall would be Bahama Breeze or J Alexander’s…Spindinis is a downtown restaurant that the wives or girls would like…if money isn’t an issue go to Folks Folly for a great steak and dining experience (you can get a private room)…I am sure you know about the BBQ so pick one of the favorites in town…enjoy the trip

Memphis BBQ in Horn Lake.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations… we’re heading down early and staying at a place called the “Shack Up” inn for a couple of nights…sounds real interesting. We’re driving into Oxford for the game. We rented a house not far from square. I hope that we play well.

Shack up in Clarksdale, MS is a real neat place. There are sharecropper shacks that people can stay in and a building, an old cotton gin I think, with rooms. The big building has a bar, band stage, and dance floor. My wife and I have stopped there and looked around, but didn’t stay over night as we live in Forrest City. Clarksdale has a blues museum and actor Morgan Freeman restaurant. I think his real up scale restaurant closed. Of course, it is reported to be where Robert Johnson made a pack with the devil at the crossroads. Have fun. If you go further south Greenwood, MS has a couple of great restaurants.

if not mistaken; Shake Up is owned by Morgan Freeman…

I was just wondering cause with the early K/O, there will be a lot of tailgating after this game…

https://twitter.com/MSGRIDIRON/status/922088852885565442