Ok Insiders and moderators...

Perplexed is an understatement right now. Just yesterday, Clay said that Jeff Long wasn’t being fired and that a lot of misinformation was being reported.

Today, Jeff Long is out. So, did he resign? Or, was he fired… as a subscriber I feel that our moderators and Insiders should be on top of this and it is still silent. Someone please explain what is going on and how one of my most trusted source for Razorback news was apparently wrong… (this isn’t criticism, it’s confusion)

Well, I read this as criticism. Not moving fast enough for you? Let them work their sources. These guys are pros, not fly-by-night bloggers. You’d rather have accurate information than inaccurate speculation.

Pump the brakes. This is a crazy time on the hill so I am not amazed that some called this wrong.

This is a power play, things can change in a second.

Trust me they are on top of it.

Good grief. Obviously they’re working on it. You want fast or you want right?

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor … -jeff-long

I know I woke up to it.

I’m sure the others are doing as I am - making calls and talking to people.

There has been a lot of misinformation out there on this as there was during the Nutt-Malzahn saga

Wading through people trying to deliberately mislead you is one of the toughest parts of the job.

The stories I will one day tell.

Thanks Dudley… I’m really not being critical - just lost. For me it’s refreshing to see you and Clay’s posts during times like this.

You have to be kidding? HI guys are not on BOT.

Wading through people trying to deliberately mislead you is one of the toughest parts of the job.

And these people who are being deliberately deceitful are the ones calling the shots now…that’s comforting.

Tsk, tsk. O what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Can’t wait to hear them!

That could be a new book possibly.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017 … -director/

I was told that he would not be fired. I was very much led to believe that he would be allowed to find another job. I’m a surprised it happened this quickly. But I did believe he would be gone at some point. For what it’s worth, it will be announced as a resignation.

resignation instead of firing… magnanimous to do this for longs sake. IF there were any cause reasons it wouldn’t be reflected on his record. I wonder by doing this it lessens the amount of money we have to pay him. i read the story above but heard elsewhere his buyout was much much less. we may never know.

Clay in all your years have you ever seen or covered anything like this? ADs getting canned and now more than likely the Head Football coach??? And we do not have an NCAA investigation going on:… This is interesting

You don’t fire Long unless you got your guy on board, right?

One would hope … Well may I should say “I hope”

It doesn’t sound like Long is “resigning.” Sounds like a firing to me from the press release. Seriously, why so much misinformation being given to reporters… what’s the agenda for those people.