Ok Dudley or Richard

Ok with another Juco olinemen offered it’s not too hard to think someone is leaving other than a Sr. Is that 18 schollies for this year going up, is it possible we sign 22-23 due to players not coming back?

Anything is possible. I would say the number will be 15 to 17 but it could go up. There’s truly no way of knowing what the numbers will be at the end of the day.

[quote=“Pork7319”]
Ok with another Juco olinemen offered it’s not too hard to think someone is leaving other than a Sr. Is that 18 schollies for this year going up, is it possible we sign 22-23 due to players not coming back?
[/quote]Why do you say that?

Every year, we offer a LOT more scholarships than we have to give. Why? Because not all of the offers we make are accepted (i.e., the players offered decline our offer in favor of another one). Just because we offer 26 players doesn’t mean we’re going to sign 25 of them and the other is going to walk-on and take someone else’s spot. Typically, I’d guess we offer 50 to 75 players each year (maybe more?) to sign a class of 20-25.

To me, offering “another” Juco simply means we’ll most likely end up getting a commitment from, and signing, ONE of them. I guess there might be a scenario where we would sign both (don’t know), but that’s certainly NOT the conclusion I would immediately jump to simply because we offered another junior college player while recently offering and accepting a visit from a different one.

A little leery…we keep getting burned on JUCO Olinemen it seems

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

We recruit DL for OL and OL for DL
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

Only reason I asked was we already have 2 HS OL committed and if we signed those plus 2 JUCO that would be 4 OL in a small class. Don’t get me wrong if they can play take em, we needed their help yesterday.

I not only think Arkansas needs to sign both N Banks and J Johnson, I think they will try very hard to sign both.

Arkansas has 10 scholarship O-lineman returning for 2018.

Should Arkansas sign N Gatlin, L Jones, T Clary, and the two juco O-lineman, that would put the total O-lineman on scholarship at 15.

15 scholarship O-lineman isn’t too many to have on a 85 man roster.