Officially Nolan Richardson Drive

From Muss’ Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNvjMUejiXj/

1 Like

Well deserved.

And a couple of distinguished visitors

1 Like

I wish Coach could have been there. I’m not surprised the players were.

1 Like

Great news !!!

I was wondering who was pulling on the rope. Tall guy but not burly enough to be Coach.

Think it was Todd Day.

That thought crossed my mind.

There was a news release earlier saying Todd was gonna MC the event.

Our family loves Kareem. He coached our nieces daughter in AAU basketball. He was there for us in a time of need. Congratulations Coach Richardson. Well deserved.

1 Like

I love that we did this for Nolan and I’m really glad that Muss completely understands what he meant to this program.

Did you notice the picture of Smith’s dunk against TA&M, posted toward the bottom of his instagram page. It shows Emanuel Miller #5 watching. Could this be a transitional picture? From Smith to Miller? Of all the transfers we’ve been involved with, Miller is probably the closest to Smith.?

1 Like

I’m glad for Nolan to get a street named for him, but I’m also glad that they are renaming a street for Leroy Pond. He was a genuine WWII war hero.

6 Likes

Actually I think it was a svelte Oliver Miller that revealed the new sign. A buddy of mine sent me a pic of Todd filming O pulling back the “curtain.” So proud that all of those guys came back to honor “The Bear” on a cold, rainy day, but that is what family does.

Very happy for Nolan. Well deserved.

Ditto to that Marty. Very very few of those “Men” still around.

Excellent thought Marty. My Dad, who passed 8 1/2 years ago, was one of those WWII heroes. Definitely the toughest generation of men I’ve ever known.

1 Like

Dad fought in Patton’s 3rd Army coming on Omaha beach 3 weeks after D-Day across Europe including the Battle of the Bulge. The Greatest Generation. Heroes all. :us:

2 Likes

Until they put up a statue of Nolan, there will be still unfinished business, when it comes to honoring Nolan.

2 Likes

For me that was one of the best things to come of this, I’m from Fayetteville, attended FHS and the U of A and never knew Leroy Pond was a person until this all went down. I legitimately thought there used to be a pond there that was owned by someone named Leroy at some point. lol

2 Likes

I didn’t know the meaning of Leroy Pond either. We need to understand his legacy as much as Nolan’s. Fortunately, a little bit of good came out of this as far as realizing who Leroy Pond was, too.

2 Likes