Official visits for Miss St game

DL Noah Jefferson- Arizona Western

OL Jahmir Johnson- Arizona Western

DB Arron Maddox- Pima C.C.

LB Will Honas- Butler CC.

Prospect committed elsewhere

There will be a fifth visitor. Name coming.

Jahmir Johnson, is he still coming on an OV. CBB made a statement that all of the recruits on OV this weekend, would be on defensive side of the ball.

Yes, Jahmir is still set to visit.

I am actually writing a column on that for Saturday and just went over that again.

Here is what he said - didn’t specify that all of them were defensive players, just that several were and could help immediately.

“We would like to get depth. This is a big weekend for us in recruiting. An 11 o’clock kick, which is actually good for us in recruiting. We have quite a big number of defensive players that’ll be in this week that could impact us in a short fashion. So it’s an exciting weekend for that. What we’ve realized is, as you get deeper into this thing (the season), whether it’s just one guy here, it’s one guy there, it’s a fact overall. It takes place with special teams, but also in the duration of the course of the game. That unfortunately has worn on us way too much.”

Added Will Honas to the list.

It would be great if all these young men decide to play for the Razorbacks, but honestly this entire recruiting weekend seems to be a complete exercise in futility. These coaches aren’t even going to be here after next week, even the most pro CBB supporters know this.

If that’s the case, no one can accuse them of mailing it in.

I couldn’t disagree more.

None of these young men - including Noah Jefferson, whose brother Cam was a Razorback for a year - have ever visited the Arkansas campus and may not get another chance before the junior college signing date in December.

They will get a chance to see the campus, the facilities, the fan support - albeit some of you may stay home the next two Saturdays - and may also being recruited by a possible candidate for the Arkansas job at his current school.

The current coaches should also do their job until somebody tells them they can’t do it anymore. Some of the assistants might be kept.

So an exercise in futility? Not at all.

Ok, y’all have convinced me. The whole thing just seems like a ship without a rudder right now.

I can see why fans might think that and how some might even hope that, but it’s not reality.

The fans may have quit on the players and the coaching staff, but the coaching staff and players haven’t quit on each other.

They just haven’t played or coached up to par.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]
I can see why fans might think that and how some might even hope that, but it’s not reality.

The fans may have quit on the players and the coaching staff, but the coaching staff and players haven’t quit on each other.

They just haven’t played or coached up to par.
[/quote]Very well put and hopefully a thought to keep in mind when tempted to make the type of posts that all too often seem to make it to message boards.