Offensive line roundtable

Forgot to post this here yesterday. Clay, Tom, Bob and myself break down some of the questions surrounding the offensive line entering fall camp:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … sive-line/

will be very interesting to see if the spread will allow this OL to run better into a 6-7 man box.I know I use to love to see teams in that because so many more chances to crease one and take it to the house,this team can’t play smashmouth and i am anxious to see if this helps

[quote=“youdaman”]

will be very interesting to see if the spread will allow this OL to run better into a 6-7 man box.I know I use to love to see teams in that because so many more chances to crease one and take it to the house, this team can’t play smashmouth and i am anxious to see if this helps

[/quote]CBB’s teams were not able to play smashmouth either; at least not for over a half. Sadly, this is the offense we shoud have had 5 years ago.

My view is the O Line will be much better. Their strength wasn’t smashmouth, but I’m hopeful they are better athletes than we’ve seen in the past. I love Fru…hoping for a stellar season for the young man.

i don’t think this team will try to play smashmouth like CBB did.

I think that it will actually be a pretty physical running game, but the power will not come from a bunch of heavily legged OL and a true fullback smashing away at the big boys on defense. It will be more a matter of creating blocking mismatches, wearing the other guys down, and backs being physical on inside runs.

It’s all about angles and the numbers games. Lots of triple option in this to get numbers right in space.

exactly Clay 6 in you run 7 in you pass.I am looking forward to seeing how we do can’t wait!

Knowing whether there are six or seven in, though, is just part of the equation. Obviously, SEC defenses are very good at disgusing their defenses, so it will take a lot of film work and ability by the quarterbacks to read defenses to know just how many to expect to leave, stay or enter the box after the snap.