Oct. 14 games

The TV designations for that day have yet to be announced. When they have not been announced by this time on a Monday, you begin to think there might be a six-day option by CBS/SEC.

There are not a lot of marketable SEC games that day. Probably the best is Texas A&M at Florida. In addition to Arkansas at Alabama, the others are: Auburn at LSU, Missouri at Georgia, Vanderbilt at Ole Miss, South Carolina at Tennessee and BYU at Mississippi State.

Does CBS take the Arkansas-Alabama game to get the No. 1 team on the network? It would not surprise me.

As soon as I posted that, the SEC made it official: We won’t know the game time until either late Saturday or early Sunday.

Arkansas-Alabama is being considered by CBS, along with Texas A&M-Florida and Auburn-LSU. If CBS doesn’t pick up the game, Arkansas will play at either 6 p.m. or 6:15 p.m. on ESPN or ESPN2.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017 … 1-alabama/

I don’t see it after the Vanderbilt debacle. I would go w Texas A&M-Florida. Then again, the Tide may well blow out aTm Sat.

If it takes the game at Florida, that would be three CBS games at the Swamp in four weeks. CBS can only broadcast a team so many times in a season (excluding the SEC Championship) and the Florida-Georgia game is on the network every year.

[quote=“MattJones”]
As soon as I posted that, the SEC made it official: We won’t know the game time until either late Saturday or early Sunday.

Arkansas-Alabama is being considered by CBS, along with Texas A&M-Florida and Auburn-LSU. If CBS doesn’t pick up the game, Arkansas will play at either 6 p.m. or 6:15 p.m. on ESPN or ESPN2.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017 … 1-alabama/
[/quote]To me, this basically means that if we beat S. Carolina, it will be on CBS. Bama is always a good draw, and coveted by the networks. If the perception is that we “might” be competitive, CBS will take that game.

Heck, they might anyway . . . just to show Alabama yet again. But I’d think, if we lose Saturday, they’ll opt for A&M and Florida. Auburn is going to run over LSU.

Anyway, I’ll be able to see it regardless - so I’m happy!

Check…most likely 'Bama /Hogs or Auburn /LSU. We’ll see.