Obvious Gafford not ready for NBA

He is getting manhandled

true hes’s athletic but his game has a long way to go

Duh! He actually needs three college seasons at least to be able to play at the NBA level.
If he goes in the draft he’ll eventually regret leaving early.

Why didn’t he play more minutes?

Is also obvious that the vast number of underclassmen–especially freshmen–who are drafted aren’t ready.

The NBA isn’t drafting based on what they are now. They’re drafting on his potential and he has load of it.

He will have a first round grade. The question is whether he wants to forego good money for a shot at great money.

Because he played poorly and Thompson played well.

At this time Gafford has no game other than dunking. He should come back develope his skills and body.

At this time Gafford has no game other than dunking. He should come back develope his skills and body.

[quote=“Dfarris”]

Duh! He actually needs three college seasons at least to be able to play at the NBA level.

[/quote]That is how long it would take for him to be NBA ready. However, he can and should go to the pros because first he’ll earn a lot money and second, he will develop faster in the pros where it’s full time than very limited time at Arkansas.

In either event, he will be a great pro in three years so it is smart to take the extra $4 or $5 million vs. less than 1% of that; the value of free college, at Arkansas.

Yea he needs a weight room and some more development bad and it showed today…

Instead maybe he needs to be a small forward and shoot 500 shots every day until he is a taller version of Todd Day.

[quote=“Dfarris”]

[/quote]

Not if hes a high pick and collects multi-million bonus.

Mercy

Why not? He is intelligent and athletic enough, and who would be tall and quick enough to guard him.

How much of this is on Gafford?
How much of this game is on the scheme that asks Gafford to trap man and switch?
How much of this is that Butler plays TODAY’s kind of basketball and we are dinosaurs?
How much of this is that Gafford was in his first tournament and Butler wrecked our trapping man AND wrecked our offense?
Butler shut us down in half court and Mike doesn’t use enough offensive sets.

If Gafford is smart, he will get the hell out of Fayetteville and go D league, overseas or somewhere that he can actually develop. Mike Anderson cannot develop him. No way, no how. This coaching staff does not deserve the chance to develop Gafford. Not competent enough.

That’s a great point, I guess I was just being selfish in suggesting he should stay in school and develop without thinking that he’s not at a program with a coach like the Top programs have that could further his development.
Good luck Daniel, we’ll still claim you in 3 or 4 years when you actually make an NBA roster.
Thanks for making Arkansas a prominent program that future one and done players will put high on their list of schools to sign to play for.

Go Hogs!

This is one of the most ignorant things I’ve read on this board. Gafford wasn’t on a single draft board at the beginning of this season. The staff development of him and this style of play that allows him to show off his ability to run the floor and athleticism has what turned him into a 1st round prospect on every major draft board.

I’m just as upset as the next person about this loss, but that doesn’t mean imbgoing to trash the coaching staff and make inaccurate statements. This staff actually has an excellent reputation in developing big men. See Bobby Portis and Moses Kingsley. Both were in their prime were considered best big man in the SEC. In if Harford comes back he will continue that trend.

Portis came in with the same great skill set he left with. Moses was developed some, I’ll give you that. But where is Moses today? Gafford needs to be a 4. Mike will never play him as a 4. He needs to get some playing experience st the 4. He’d be crazy not to leave Mike’s tutelage, whatever that consists of. Kid still can’t hit a jump shot or a free throw.

In either event, he will be a great pro in three years so it is smart to take the extra $4 or $5 million vs. less than 1% of that; the value of free college, at Arkansas.

Interesting statement. Do all know that any kid that graduates High School in El Dorado gets a full scholarship paid for by Murphy Oil. ps. I think your 1% number way too low. Get what you are on about but if you think a college education is only worth 4 to 5 hundred thousand then where are you getting that number.