Observations from Arkansas' 76-65 win

• The Keyshow
  • Joe finds his touch again
  • Some surprising numbers on Gabe Osabuohien’s passing
  • Chaney + Gafford combine for big night

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … n-peay-65/

Another observation: Mississippi State beat Peay by 28.

Good stuff, Scottie.

I thought Jordan Phillips looked more comfortable. Do you think he’s ready to break out and become a contributor?

Good to see that Keyshawn and Jordan gained confidence and some level of comfort on the court. All pieces, except Henderson, Ali and Garland are slowly coming together.

I was encouraged by what I saw last night. I don’t think they will make the NCAAT given their lack of experience right now, but by end of season should be a solid team. It is fun watching youngsters grow through adversity and become dependable players.

Good to see that Keyshawn and Jordan gained confidence and some level of comfort on the court. All pieces, except Henderson, Ali and Garland are slowly coming together.

I was encouraged by what I saw last night. I don’t think they will make the NCAAT given their lack of experience right now, but by end of season should be a solid team. It is fun watching youngsters grow through adversity and become dependable players.

I think we’ll see Jordan early in conference play. It’s pretty apparent that Mike likes his ability. I’ve been somewhat cold on him this season - granted he hasn’t played just a whole lot - because he’s really not shy about getting shots up. He was averaging something like 23 shots per 40 minutes last time I looked at SportsReference. But he can certainly be another offensive threat, and he flashed for a moment last night when he picked up a steal and dribbled end to end in transition and wound up at the line. I liked that a lot.

Phillips and Emery will have to play well for the hogs to come close to making the dance. He has all the talent in the world. He just needs reps. Once he gets in shape he will do some damage.
I’m still stunned by the lack of playing time that Ethan Henderson has earned so far.
Coming into this season I was hoping he would provide some depth for Gafford.