OBSERVATION

Please bear in mind the teams we have lost to:
AL/TCU are undefeated and fighting to get in the playoffs
aTm is one game of poor clock mgmt. from being 6-1 with the ONE being Bama
USCe is 5-2
Auburn is a VERY good team as well. 5-2 and destroyed MSU and Ole Miss.
I still think we can get bowl eligible…and THEN, how can you fire CBB?

One of the many problems is we should be TCU or A&M of this year. Not the opposite as we are now . We would be with the right coach. We need to quit making excuses for being pitiful.

You can make a similar argument about Arkansas’ troubles every season. There always are going to be good teams in the SEC and on the nonconference schedule.

The problem, as I see it, isn’t the losses, but the lack of competitiveness. Against Power 5 teams this year Arkansas has been outscored by 118 points, an average of 23.6 per game. I think people could stomach the losses if they were competitive. That hasn’t been the case.

We are not competing in the 2nd half and getting the crap beat out of us. Injuries aren’t helping.

There is no way to sugar coat it

It is not reasonable to expect this team to “rally itself” at this point in the season and play with the needed performance to win multiple games in a row. This will play out as a slow motion train wreck week to week until season is over. At some time it will be clearer what happened and why but until then it will be hard to watch.

To win in Sec you have to run the ball and stop the run. That is our glaring weakness and we have have been unable to fix any of as year has played out. We have become easy to make one dimensional and that is bad news in this league.

This year is very similar to Ford’s last season in 1997. That one was hard to stomach in month of November down the stretch,

You fire him because :

1. You can’t argue 10 - 26 in SEC play. This is year 5 and you’re going backwards.
  2. Also, can’t risk keeping him another and he puts this same product on the field, this fanbase would go nuts.

Totally agree…I don’t know how to fix the lack of competitiveness without a coaching change. CoachB and his staff don’t seem to have the answer. If we can’t compete with Ole Miss next week, I think it’s over for CoachB and his staff. You’ll have said they’re a hard working recruiting staff who can’t seem to get a competitive football team on the field.

We have played very good teams for a half in each game and then blown out. The players recognize fatigue and lack of adjustments just like we do.

Is it true we are 0 wins 18 losses when trailing at half-time?

Yes, that’s the record when trailing at halftime since 2013.

Ironically, though, the fan reaction to the TCU loss would appear to be an extreme case of overreaction. There were a lot of claims that TCU was a ‘bad’ football team by fans who wanted that to be true to put the loss into the worst possible light. Their minds were already made up about what they wanted to happen. We had our chances in the fourth quarter of that game. If we had that same performance next week, it would be considered a major improvement over what we have seen the last three weeks.

I don’t believe the immediate negative environment surrounding this team has done it any favors. They seem to have regressed ever since the A&M loss. I do wonder if we would have seen a more competitive team lately if we had pulled out the A&M game so that the pitchforks would have gone back into the barn for a couple of weeks.

Ironically, though, the fan reaction to the TCU loss would appear to have been an extreme case of overreaction. There were a lot of claims that TCU was a ‘bad’ football team by fans who wanted that to be true to put that loss into the worst possible light. Their minds were already made up about what they wanted to happen. We had our chances in the fourth quarter of that game. If we had that same performance next week, it would be considered a major improvement over what we have seen the last three weeks.

I don’t believe the immediate negative environment surrounding this team has done it any favors. They seem to have regressed ever since the A&M loss. I do wonder if we would have seen a more competitive team lately if we had pulled out the A&M game so that the pitchforks would have gone back into the barn for a couple of weeks.

The attitude of the hogs team reflects the way the coaches carry themselves. It would be nice to see the hog team that beat Florida last year. Where did that bunch of hogs go and hide?
At this point this season is toast. Our best offensive lineman will miss the rest of the year ! I guess Rogers will play center now.

We can’t continue to be beaten by Texas A&M ! We as fans would like to see the hogs hold on to leads and win. The players deserve a coaching staff that can make adjustments and motive them to play hard and hold on and win! The lack of fight is getting hard to watch. I can take getting beat but being embarrassed is a complete different story.
This season is an extension of the end of last year! The Texas A&M loss show a complete picture of the failure to lead and control the team! We need to support the players but this staff needs help loading the moving wagons.

“You see Jeff with Frank going down it’s exactly as I told you. Injuries, injuries, injuries. Nobody could succeed with all these injuries. I need more time.”

CBB to JL at their end of year meeting

I guess it’s my turn to express my opinion regarding the team and it’s coach.

1. I like CBB.
  2. This team is not busting their arshes for him.
  3. We have always beaten the middle of the pack SEC teams with our 3 star athletes.
  4. Recruiting may be better in some areas, but not at the skill positions.
  5. Our coaching philosophy needs to change, and recruit more of the dual threat QB.
  6. Now that this season seems to be in the tank, and also may be for the next 3 or more
    years, we need to go ahead and let him go.
    We are not going to finish better than LAST in the conference, so let’s get er done.